Harry Kane

Was reading on another forum there some person writing that they don't see Kane as a sellout who would just sign for Moneybags City and he'd more likely want to go to the club loved around the world in United.

Have to laugh at some of the delusion, its as if the only players who ever move for a wage increase are those that go to City.

I mean why would Kane want to come and win trophies with the worlds best manager in the best team in Europe. The big sellout

PS - i'm not that bothered on if we get him or not, i'd rather Haaland

I don’t know how many times the same points need to be made about commercial returns and brand building.
The club was willing to go up 120M (and probably beyond that) for Mbappe in 2017. If we had had a glimpse into 2021 and seen the player he has become and his accomplishments, do you really think we wouldn’t have spent *insert any insane amount of money here* for him?

There is no evidence at all that the club were willong to pay that for mbappe back then. But i do beleive they would have been, had there been a need (we still had sergio, jesus, sterling and sane at the time) and I agree, would have been worthwhile and not obscene.

I also think the club could be willing to pay that same amount for haaland this year, given there is now a need, hiven his age, talent, hownrare that combination of attribute is, and most importantly, the fact that (just like with mbappe) that level of investment is safe long term, either through many years or a resale value.

What I struggle to beleive is that the club would spend that on Kane, given his age and injuries. Same way we wouldnt spend more than 60m on Koulibaly, but happily spent more than 60m on Dias.

But hey, if they decide it is worth it and the right player for whatever length of time at whatever price they see as fine, I will trust that and be all for it. Right now, can't see it.

I have always believed Kane is the perfect fit for us, his experience, goal scoring ability. Consistently scoring 25 goals on average per season, and captaining the national side. He is also not a player who relies on pace, and so because of his ability to pick passes, drop deep, link-up/hold-up play, he would be a great fit for our side. He can choose United or Chelsea for what it's worth, but if he's wise he knows Pep and this side is the best for him.
What if City don’t want him due to the extortionate transfer fee, or because Pep may feel he doesn’t want a number 9, does he choose Utd or Chelsea then ? we’re not Charity FC for players who wanna win trophies

Peps already been here 5 years though , he may not have plans to stay for another 5 , Kane might be a ready made player he would like in that position now , delap could also be that project from the youth team .

That is true. But I doubt (and pep himself has said so on many occasions) the club plan in such short term chunks. They plan long term, with or without pep and for life after him as well. Pep himself is part of that.

What if City don’t want him due to the extortionate transfer fee, or because Pep may feel he doesn’t want a number 9, does he choose Utd or Chelsea then ? we’re not Charity FC for players who wanna win trophies
To be honest if he pops off to Chelsea they'd be pretty good competition next year.

There is no evidence at all that the club were willong to pay that for mbappe back then
Well, if you want a copy of the email or a recording of the phone call, there probably won’t be, but the reports back then were several and very clear that we would have matched PSG’s valuation, and it wasn’t just us. PSG happened to be his choice that sunmer.

I'm not convinced that extending Cavani's contract would mean United are out of the running for Kane

Cavani won't play every game, not at his age. And being on a free and being on performance related bonuses, he is easy to drop, so they could well go for another striker. I think it is more the expectation theyl go for sancho that presumes they wouldn't also go for Kane. Agree though, wouldn't rule them out.

Is that where you think he’ll go ?
Tbh I think he’s staying where he is
I honestly dont know. I don't dig too deeply into the politics of transfers etc. But if you replace Werners goal output with Kanes then they're dangerous. (also, to cover the jinx i may have just done "Werner has his talents and we must respect them in 11 days time.." Phew.. Got that out of the way.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.