Harry Kane

In what way does it seem increasingly unlikely? Literally nothing has changed since the international break, when the perception (not saying it was right) was we had every chance and a very good one of landing him. Dortmund haven't changed their stance one bit, our situation hasn't changed one bit. Nobody else has come in with an offer to him or dortmund. Nothing, at all, has changed. Kane gave a generic interview on sky, they turned it into a big headline on a yellow banner. That is all. Things in Dortmund are still as they were. If we had a chance, we still do, if we didn't, we still might when tge window opens.
I think Dortmund confirming their place in the CL next season changed things a bit. Just looks like Kane is a more likely signing than Haaland at the moment to me.

In what way does it seem increasingly unlikely? Literally nothing has changed since the international break, when the perception (not saying it was right) was we had every chance and a very good one of landing him. Dortmund haven't changed their stance one bit, our situation hasn't changed one bit. Nobody else has come in with an offer to him or dortmund. Nothing, at all, has changed. Kane gave a generic interview on sky, they turned it into a big headline on a yellow banner. That is all. Things in Dortmund are still as they were. If we had a chance, we still do, if we didn't, we still might when tge window opens.
Nothing has changed?
So they haven’t qualified for The champions league ahead of Frankfurt, which mAkes them financially more secure and also means haaland more likely to stay a year more.

I think Dortmund confirming their place in the CL next season changed things a bit. Just looks like Kane is a more likely signing than Haaland at the moment to me.
I think pep would prefer Kane
He doesn’t care if his dad played for the club or not
He just wants the best centre forward in the league

Nothing has changed?
So they haven’t qualified for The champions league ahead of Frankfurt, which mAkes them financially more secure and also means haaland more likely to stay a year more.

They were always expected to, their stance hasnt changed at all.

As above, no change there really.

We will see how it plays out, but the only thing different now is the public online perception. For no real reason, other than, public online perception has shifted.

Personally I dont think we will end up with either during the summer as Dortmund proved tough negotiators with Sancho last summer, requesting top money and not budging, and Levy is always difficult to negotiate with.

With the money, I think both clubs will request, I think the deals are only achievable including a player as part of a swap deal. That makes the Kane deal more likely, but only marginally.

As above, no change there really.

We will see how it plays out, but the only thing different now is the public online perception. For no real reason, other than, public online perception has shifted.
I don’t think it’s just an “online perception” tbh.

The point was that in 5 years time Kane would surely also be worth In the region of £60m if Lewandowski is today - not sure how anybody can say Kane will be worth nothing in 4 years at 31 years of age but then also see good value in Lewandowski at £60m at 32 years of age (unless you think the latter is significantly more talented, but I do not).

Because I believe if you give Lewandowski the same contract time as you would to Kane, you would still get his best until the end. He shows no sign or slowing down or decline. I think he will still be a gigantic talent as a striker at the age of an Ibra, Cavani, Fernandinho or Ronaldo. And for that reason, I believe he could be a pretty great investment for less money. I do believe he is significantly more talented than Kane, which isn’t a detriment to Kane, to be fair. I have been watching this guy for many years, I have seen him play all kinds of games, small and big, against all kinds of defenses, and he always shows up. He’s great at everything, more complete, more experienced. He would get here and hit the ground running, knowing exactly what Pep wants from day one.
But there are people here who think he will really be exposed as a fraud when he has to smell the grass in England and play against the great defenses of Crystal Palace and Brighton. What can you say to that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.