Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

It’s all a mess! This Govt page specifically on the final says PCR test for return home:
It is!
I didn’t read the below as PCR to return home though. Just that you can use your outward PCR test for the return if it’s within 72 hours:
  • if you are returning to the UK within 72 hours, you can use the result of the COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must depart for the UK within 72 hours of when you took the test

Get a test after 1pm Thursday that will deliver a fit to fly test before you go

also book the 2 day return test before you go

you can get both for £125 here:

I’m getting mine delivered with a drop off to the clinic Friday morning for a Friday night certificate. 2 day test can be done when you get back but you need proof you’ve purchased it to travel
Hi mike 1923
Thank you very much for your help. I have just booked the two tests. I could not get into the company to book, as it said they were "out of stock" but after using your thread it allowed me to book the tests.

Hi guys. We’re travelling Friday - Sunday and have a dam health PCR test booked Thursday which from what I can gather should cover us for the return flight. Does anyone know which test is required for the 2 day allowance? Does this need to be another PCR or can it be antigen? Thanks in advance.

I don't have faith in any of the turnaround times being quoted I have a test Weds pm with a 24hr turnaround which should be back in time for the official flight Sat morning.

I've then booked PCR test for Thursday afternoon with a 24hr turnaround guarantee to cover me for entry to the ground on Sat and return entry to the UK

With work commitments I couldn't find a same day pcr test and for me just having the Thursday leaves little to no margin for error if they don't meet the 24hr turnaround time.

The expectations here are ridiculous in my opinion. If the stipulation was 3 days it would be much more straightforward. I don't see why the tests have to be measured in hours.

Please can people share information about who they're testing with?

I know there's a lot in the other thread but it would be good to have a separate thread for information on this front.

I'm travelling on the official trip. I'd booked a Friday morning test with DAM health who have since changed their guarantee from the same day to 24 hours. They offered me a full refund and waivered the admin fee.

I'm thinking of using Blindspot Global as an alternative as Kevin Parker (head of the OSC) is recommending them.
Hey all

I’ve booked a test with a place in Oldham. £100 for PCR test if i go on Thursday n results to me by Fri night
However they’ve also offered me testing at my home or work for £110 to save me hassle... Wolstenholme pharmacy on google is how I found them.
01706847108 or promptprescription@gmail.com is contacts on there

Last edited:
Hi guys. We’re travelling Friday - Sunday and have a dam health PCR test booked Thursday which from what I can gather should cover us for the return flight. Does anyone know which test is required for the 2 day allowance? Does this need to be another PCR or can it be antigen? Thanks in advance.
Needs to be PCR from what the pharmacist at Wolstenholme told me. Booked for 2pm Thursday which will cover my return

Has anyone on here been able to get hold of Dam Health? I’ve phoned 4 times to try and rearrange my test and had no answer !
I gave up and went for Wolstenholme pharmacy who replied via email within minutes
Brother messaged on Facebook and got reply as well

fly friday at 14:30. booked the test through DAM health who said i will get the results back same day. worst case scenario will be 24 hours which is still before i fly.
Yeah I'd say that the test you have in the UK will cover you for your return home and getting into the ground mate.

What time is your flight out though? Will you get the PCR test result back in time?

I think this unnecessarily muddies the waters (waters which are already very muddy).

That link is advice issued by the Embassy and Consulate in Portugal. I think they produce something like this every time an English club makes a European final?

The final itself is a red herring.
People need to ensure they following the correct entry requirements and procedures to get into Portugal.

Entry requirements - Portugal travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

People then need to ensure they follow the correct entry requirements and procedures to get into the UK.

Entering the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Entering the UK: Before you leave for the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
I did say don't shoot the messenger ;)
I posted as it seems to provide answers to most things - I can't be held responsible for the ineptitude of the person writing it.
I'm covered as I'm testing in the UK Wednesday to make CERTAIN I get on my flight and into the stadium. I'm testing again Friday prior to flying to cover my return trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.