Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

DAM Healthcare. Just a warning to anyone thinking of booking, I have been trying to call them since Friday pm to change test dates and got nowhere.No reply, dont respond to emails either.

Edit they have just rung me back lol

Last edited:
Anyone whos booked with DAM Healthcare, just keep calling the number you get through eventually. Think i got lucky as it only took me 5 attempts. Refund scheduled and now gone with the supports club choice!

A lot will depend on what time you fly back on Sunday and whether at time of flying you’ll still be in the 72 hour period, if not you will need a further test for coming back to Manchester. Some think it’s a 3 day period but I’m being a bit more cautious.
Lots of options quoted on here for test stations in Porto but being a lazy twat I’m doing an online one in my room on the sat morning (see previous page).
It is a three day period. It’s on the government website, which is good enough for me

Take a coronavirus test before you travel to England​

You must have proof of a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) test to travel to England.

You must take a test even if:

You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you must take the test on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Have Dam health changed their policy ? I thought it was result same day by midnight, now it seems to say results in 24 hours ??
I have an appointment 5pm Thursday and fly midday Friday.. panicking like mad now

It is a three day period. It’s on the government website, which is good enough for me

You must have proof of a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) test to travel to England.

You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you must take the test on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Like you, I've just been reading that advice and it definitely talks in 'days' not 'hours' which makes sense in that everybody knows flights are often delayed and so it's virtually impossible to be so specific. It's City, I think, that are saying tests should be taken after 1pm Thursday which seems to contradict the Gov guidance. I'm assuming there is no way to get a definitive answer to the question?

DAM Healthcare. Just a warning to anyone thinking of booking, I have been trying to call them since Friday pm to change test dates and got nowhere.No reply, dont respond to emails either.

Same here. Booked a test for Thursday afternoon when the website said same day results. Now they have changed their policy due to the volume of tests to within 24 hours, I wanted to bring it forward but can't.

Edit they have just rung me back lol
Keep plugging this chemist in Oldham but service and response is top notch
Always answer and respond and never rushed
Need to support our independent pharmacies and businesses!

www.wolstenholmepharmacy.com

Same here. Booked a test for Thursday afternoon when the website said same day results. Now they have changed their policy due to the volume of tests to within 24 hours, I wanted to bring it forward but can't.
Call 01706847108
They’ve got some places and even if they are booked, they go beyond anything and help to squeeze you in
Wolstenholme pharmacy

Like you, I've just been reading that advice and it definitely talks in 'days' not 'hours' which makes sense in that everybody knows flights are often delayed and so it's virtually impossible to be so specific. It's City, I think, that are saying tests should be taken after 1pm Thursday which seems to contradict the Gov guidance. I'm assuming there is no way to get a definitive answer to the question?
Definitive answer is from gov.uk website.

Yes I’ve seen that advice but there’s a more specific Government advice for fans going to the final, see page 4 of this topic which definitely says 72 hours, which tbh just seems common sense as saying 3 days could end up damn near 4 days depending on flight times.
Also I’ve got mate who’s a driver who goes regularly to the continent, he can’t afford to fuck up and he’s adamant it’s 72 hours.
For 39 quid it just isn’t worth the risk for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.