Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't hear, or read, a single report about the final day of the WSL season which did not mention that City could win the league.
Well mate I must of missed them , because I didn't hear anything about City having a outside chance of winning the league in the build up to the final Sunday of the league ?

There seemed to be some kind of question mark re the three American girls towards the end of the season. Rose barely made a start, and Sam 'n Abby, clear starters in my book, we benched. Mmmmmmm! Summat gone on?
Could be.

They might be used to a higher standard than the ESL currently gives.

I think the club should be looking at the US and the big European leagues at ways of improving and adapting the game in the UK.

I really want it to succeed in its own right.

Could be.

They might be used to a higher standard than the ESL currently gives.

I think the club should be looking at the US and the big European leagues at ways of improving and adapting the game in the UK.

I really want it to succeed in its own right.
If we are not careful the women's game, media-wise, will go the same way as the men's - only certain clubs will get the coverage, and it's important not just to have a women's league but to see it develop, and not just in the clubs favoured by the RDAHMeedya.

If we are not careful the women's game, media-wise, will go the same way as the men's - only certain clubs will get the coverage, and it's important not just to have a women's league but to see it develop, and not just in the clubs favoured by the RDAHMeedya.
100% this.

A competitive league with home nation's talent coming through will increase the competition internationally as well.

Well mate I must of missed them , because I didn't hear anything about City having a outside chance of winning the league in the build up to the final Sunday of the league ?
Thanks for the reply Kev

I take your word about what you did and didn't hear but you must have plugged into different media outlets than I did. I've become a big fan of the women's game as a whole and, as such, consume a lot of relevant output from mainstream and fan based sources. Among many others, I follow the channel 'Sarah & Sara' produced by a couple of Americans who seem to be as focused on the players' personal lives as they are on the football. Even they spoke of City's chances and, for the sake of Rose and Sam, they hoped City would make it.

Now, to be fair, I didn't come across anyone who actually thought Manchester City would overturn Chelsea's lead because everyone was convinced that Chelsea would beat Reading. Every media that I read, watched, or listened to did discuss the possibility of a City triumph however. I don't see how any report could have done otherwise.

Last edited:
True none of know what happens in training, but when Rose Lavelle is still good enough for the American team yet can only make the bench at City , people will ask questions.
It does seem a bit of a mystery.

I haven’t seen enough of Rose to make a judgment, but that’s probably because she doesn’t start many games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.