Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Yes because by having a Dm on would have allowed our top scorer to player further up the field and do what he does which is score goals . Also it would have stopped Kante running and tearing though our midfield at will putting pressure on our defence which he did all night . Also it would have put foden back on that wing were he has been most effective in this run . That one decision has had mob adduce ramifications on the squad and how they thought they were going to line up .
Was quietly confident all week met up at the pub saw the team and said to my mate we've blown it .
If a thick fucker like me can see it the team must have seen ( so on the back foot before kick-off ) why the fuck didn't pep I just dont get it.......I am not an outer

It sounds like a mad idea but does someone higher up in the club need to veto his team selections for the biggest games? I’m still scratching my head about the line up. it makes no sense ....

Get with the program fella just say in Pep we trust and mention any random lower tier club we played when we were shit, then move on:-)
I trust pep to the hilt but I don’t trust him to win the champions league with us but as I’ve stated before I’d rather win the league.

Gutted.

Thought Pep got it wrong selecting Sterling and not starting Fernandinho, abandoning the team that got us there in the 1st place, but the overall performance just wasn't good enough. We didn't ask enough questions and defensively we looked vulnerable at times to the counter.

KDB going off summed up the night for us.

It's been a really good season, but a missed opportunity this one. Fair play to Chelsea, they did a job on us and we had no answers sadly.

having thought about it a bit more, I agree, the team selection was strange and had an impact but would starting Fernandinho have made a big difference? I think you have to give credit to Chelsea, the tactics and their players performances.

Standout players for Chelsea:

Reece had Sterling in his pocket all night
Chilwell was all over Mahrez like glue
Kante played like a man possessed

their midfield pretty much man marked KDB and Foden out of the game.

Even if Fernandinho or Rodri would have started Chelsea would still have stuck to their game plan of killing out attacking play
and If we don’t have an attacking threat we look vulnerable.

Im not so sure one player would have made a huge difference last night.
The past is the past, but Guardiola should figure out that and maybe change the tactics. Put Fernandinho remove sterling or Mahrez who struggled against their opponent.
I mean play the team that beaten PSG, football at this level is about details and luck.

One player doesn't change, but when you feel that gundogan was wasted.

Many people before the game were claming, he is going to overthink, i am sure many saw the line up and tought about Monaco Lyon etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.