Ref Watch

Watched the challenge a few times now. On balance I think it was deliberate but thats only after studying it numerous times. The telling motion to me is that Rudigers natural momentum would have allowed Kevin to run inside him after he released the ball. Rudiger plants his left leg to halt the momentum and Kev runs straight into him.That planting of the left leg was a deliberate conscious action to block Kevs run. The referee must have concluded that to be the case (he gave a yellow) and after considering the injury to Kevin which was obviously serious should have sent Rudiger off for causing serious injury.
The var had five minutes while Kev was getting treatment to do that. The tv company had five minutes while Kev was getting treatment to find an angle that showed what happened. They didn’t. You can draw your own conclusions from that. I know I have.

The var had five minutes while Kev was getting treatment to do that. The tv company had five minutes while Kev was getting treatment to find an angle that showed what happened. They didn’t. You can draw your own conclusions from that. I know I have.
Yeah. Don’t think they were ever going to overturn refs decision.

If you have ever played the game at any organised level you know the impact a biased/seemingly biased referee can have, and the building sense of frustration that comes when every foul from them is treated as a hard tackle and every hard tackle your team puts in is a foul. When every time you want the advantage he blows for a foul and every time you want the foul he plays an advantage. I remember yelling at a ref because I had played a pass that went out just after I had been fouled and he had played an advantage. “You shouldn’t have put it in Row Z then” was what he said. The next thing he did was book me because I called him a blind ****.

You get that sense within 10-15 minutes of kick off and there is nothing you can do about it. The other side know it, too. They know when they will get away with snide shots like Rudiger’s. And when it’s like that unless you are streets ahead of the opposition you usually lose. All the 50/50s seem to go one way, and quite a few 60/40s. And because you are angry and frustrated, you lash out either with your feet or your tongue, and you get booked, like I did.

Of course at that level they are highly trained professionals and should not react. But they are human.
I agree with this completely.
In every press conference in the build up to the game Pep was asked questions about both his and City's history with this referee, I've never seen that happen before with even the press noting some of the 'inconsistencies' and 'controversies' in ours and Pep's games involving him.
On Saturday we were set up and played as a team that was only interested in keeping possession and not in winning it back, I feel like we went out onto the pitch knowing that we couldn't be as aggressive in the tackle as Chelsea and Chelsea probably knew this within the first 5 minutes of the game too.
The majority of the players who played on Saturday also played in the ridiculously bent Liverpool tie that he 'officiated' and this would have undoubtedly been in the players minds during the game.
That's not to take anything away from Chelsea though, they set up in a way that is incredibly difficult to play against and executed their game plan perfectly. What we needed after the first 20 minutes or so was one of our players to get the message out that we needed to play our normal game, close the opposition down like we normally do and make a real effort to win the ball back as we have done the majority of this season. Unfortunately, once Chelsea went one up it didn't matter how quick to close down or tackle we were they were always going to put 10 men in their own box as that's how they play against us. When they took out our biggest threat to these deep organised defences in Kev they had the game sewn up.
Regardless of how Lahoz performed in Saturdays game I 100% believe that with any other referee in charge we wouldn't have put out a team with no holding midfielder, especially as we've only done that only once before this entire season.
In any big game against a top team you need your players fully focused on their jobs and on the opposition, somethings gone very wrong when you feel (rightly or wrongly) that you can't play your normal game because the biggest obstacle to your success is the supposedly impartial referee.

I agree, I thought he was slightly in favour of them in 50/50 decisions, and some inconsistencies in treatment of similar incidents between both teams. But none of this has any impact on the result. Also, you could see instances where he could have penalised us but didn't. Overall, I think he was quite fair.

He did blow for full time after 6:57 of the minimum 7 minutes added time, and that after some delays and timewasting had occurred.
So why wasn’t it 8 mins as there was indeed lots of time wasted in the 7 mins? Why wasn’t Rudiger sent off? Why were Chelsea players allowed to lie on the floor unchallenged by this fair ref? I thought fucking Mendy was asleep at one point

So why wasn’t it 8 mins as there was indeed lots of time wasted in the 7 mins? Why wasn’t Rudiger sent off? Why were Chelsea players allowed to lie on the floor unchallenged by this fair ref? I thought fucking Mendy was asleep at one point
I think the ref favoured them if anything. There were a few instances I've mentioned. But I don't think any slight bias impacted the result. We just played poorly.

Regarding the Rudiger incident, I've not watched the incident since, and there wasn't any close scrutiny at the time. To me it looked like a deliberate block, deserving of a yellow card. The sort of routine block carried out by DMs and defenders all the time, and yellow carded most of the time. Given the length of time taken to treat KDB, the referee or VAR could have looked at the incident again. They were probably wrong not to do so.

The referee, in real time, saw the foul as just a block that deserved a yellow card. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Other referees might have seen it as dangerous and given a straight red. Other, better referees might have used the opportunity to ask VAR to look if there was any malicious intent. But his judgement call on that incident is just as valid as yours or mine, or anybody else's that thinks it was a straight red card offence.

If you have ever played the game at any organised level you know the impact a biased/seemingly biased referee can have, and the building sense of frustration that comes when every foul from them is treated as a hard tackle and every hard tackle your team puts in is a foul. When every time you want the advantage he blows for a foul and every time you want the foul he plays an advantage. I remember yelling at a ref because I had played a pass that went out just after I had been fouled and he had played an advantage. “You shouldn’t have put it in Row Z then” was what he said. The next thing he did was book me because I called him a blind ****.

You get that sense within 10-15 minutes of kick off and there is nothing you can do about it. The other side know it, too. They know when they will get away with snide shots like Rudiger’s. And when it’s like that unless you are streets ahead of the opposition you usually lose. All the 50/50s seem to go one way, and quite a few 60/40s. And because you are angry and frustrated, you lash out either with your feet or your tongue, and you get booked, like I did.

Of course at that level they are highly trained professionals and should not react. But they are human.
Precisely. We often have to be streets ahead of the opposition to negate any undue influence from the officials, but if you factor in the pressure of a big final or a must win league game, then it becomes much more difficult to play your natural game.

We lost because we were shit. We can’t keep trying to find excuses. It’s done now. Best to move on and try to get there again.
We will need to invoke the spirit of Roy Paul, when we were beaten by Newcastle in '56 he promised we would be back to win he following year. As a 9 year old, twelve months to wait seemed, to a nipper like a life time. Then we did the following year, even with Bert breaking his neck.
So patience fellow Blues, keep the faith and we will be back.

All I know is thank f*ck that horrible git Lahoz has retired. Subtly favoured them throughout the match and the two big decisions totally went their way again. In no way did the ball hit Reece James' chest before hitting his arm for the penalty, and had the yellow out before De Bruyne was on the floor for the assault when he should have waited to hear if their was anything sinister in it.

A total Sh*thead who will probably having a meet up with that Tebas prick to congratulate each other on being bent cockwombles.

All I know is thank f*ck that horrible git Lahoz has retired. Subtly favoured them throughout the match and the two big decisions totally went their way again. In no way did the ball hit Reece James' chest before hitting his arm for the penalty, and had the yellow out before De Bruyne was on the floor for the assault when he should have waited to hear if their was anything sinister in it.

A total Sh*thead who will probably having a meet up with that Tebas prick to congratulate each other on being bent cockwombles.
UEFA are very good at protecting copyright. Is there any clip of the penalty claim?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.