Covid and travel discussion

Just booked a week in Torquay at the Premier Inn.
Cost me the same as a fortnight in Greece.
But think of all the money I'll save not having to swap pounds to Euros ;)
You'll have a blast. Can't beat a Premier Inn. My 80 year old Mum swears by them when she comes to visit me

Why can't people just accept that some have no interest in holidaying at home?
It absolutely would be a last resort for me, and more likely I'd just save my cash until international travel opened up again.
If you wanna holiday at home then fill your boots. I don't.

But the pertinent point is how do people expect the travel industry to survive?
Who and what would you expect to be still be around if international travel took a back seat for a ''couple of years''?

Make no mistake, we're getting zero sector specific support from the government, and we're amongst the hardest hit industries with no end in sight whatsoever to our ongoing nightmare.
Add to that, all the profits made in the weeks and months before Covid hit also had to be refunded.
So not only have we (high street agency) had to operate for 15 months with next to no income, we've also had to give back untold sums.

In all honesty I couldn't give a flying fuck about my personal holidays (slight lie tbh but whatever)
Some of the Government decisions are baffling, and it's like they enjoy shitting on us from a great height, but if they propped up the industry then so be it. But they ain't.

Imagine pubs having to survive the last 15 months selling cups of juice.
Or hairdressers told they can open and trade normally but scissors are illegal.

It's fucked and I'm amazed how many people are so nonchalant about it with carefree comments like ''just stay at home, no need to go abroad, travel in a few years''.....and yet these same people show no solidarity to the plight the industry is facing.

Finally, fuck Grant Shapps.
Im the same. Some on here want you to feel guilty about desiring a week away when they are happy with uk. A week away probably isnt happening but doesn't stop me being desperate for it.
we dont all like a week in skeggy , do we

Yes but what I mean is that every year you go overseas for your holidays, I'm not complaining about that but were in a pandemic at the moment and surely it would be a good opportunity to help the British economy and have a holiday in the UK for a change.
I've done loads of great things in the UK when I've come over there things like driving the coast of Wales, visiting castles, gentle hiking on the Pennine way/ North Yorkshire moors. Coastal paths of Cornwall etc. Scotland.

Just accept for a couple of years not to go overseas.
Where do you live Bill?

If the weather is crap in uk you spend even more

its been a fab hol. Made largely by the weather. But as we dont like trawling round arcades, fun parks etc with the kids we like the weather to be decent. Which out of all our hols in uk over the last 10 years it probably 25% good.
Which much as i love the uk hols each year and exploring our beautiful country i also like our week in the greek sun , not moving and replenishing my muscles (i do a physical job) on a hot beach with a mythos next to me
Is that one of those half man/half horse things?

You'll have a blast. Can't beat a Premier Inn. My 80 year old Mum swears by them when she comes to visit me
Love Premier Inn - travelodge without the smell of sick, piss and smoke. Better quality fixtures and fitting with huge beds and baths. I always thought when Lenny Henry promoted them that if he could bath and shag dawn French in a Premier Inn room and get a decent nights kip too they must be good.

Yes but isn’t the world a much cleaner and less polluted place without all the planes flying around.... heard this a few times from certain ‘news’ outlets. They care as much about peoples mental health as the government does about certain industries. Traveling abroad in the next few years will be to expensive for most people. Personally I’m not vaxxed, but most of my friends and family ( rightly or wrongly ) have been purely for travel, it’s been the carrot dangling in front of them for months. Said to my dad the other day he is very lucky he’s old enough to have enjoyed seeing the world because if this goes on much longer his grandkids won’t get that opportunity :(
They are lying because the thing is it's even worse. People who don't go abroad on planes just drive around in the UK instead which collectively pollutes far more.

I live slap bang between the M61 and M6 and both have been car parks over the last week as every man and their dog has been going up to the lakes. The result is people then jump off the motorways and clog up the roads round here too.

I've just had a look and 2 weeks in a 3 star in Cornwall next month is the same price as an all inclusive trip to Barbados!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.