Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea certainly have not only the money, but also players they can include in any deal. And plenty to offer Haaland, doubt wages would be an issue either.

One thing they don't have to offer, is longevity of managers, and this is something the Haaland camp have previously commented on, about not rushing to sign for managers that wouldn't be there at the end of a year.

In as much as people claimed the club might be using the Kane stories as a way to push the Haaland move, then there is sense in also believing that the Haaland camp would push the chelsea links to push City to the table. Not that either has to be true.

A long long way to go yet, for either club or any target. It will swap over a time or two in the window, always does. May end up where we all thoughtbit might from day 1, may end up otherwise.

Last edited:
This just isn't happening, is it? Obviously you just don't know until he puts pen to paper but the links to us have all but dried up since the Kane rumours went into overload.

As spoilt as it might be, I'll be pretty disappointed if we get Kane and Haaland goes to a league rival. Both great players but the best comparisons I can think of are us signing Aguero and united signing van Persie. There's a hell of a lot more longevity in one than the other.

this is not good news if true........
This is standard rumour-mongering.

I think this is fairly straightforward - he has a release clause for around €100m next summer. Dortmund are resigned to let him leave then. They can and will sell Sancho this summer so cash flow wise they are good and they dont need to sell EH.

Selling him all comes down to how much over the buy out clause clubs are willing to pay. What is 1 extra year of EH worth to them? As a wild guess i would say £50m. So £125m maybe £150m will be enough.

For the buying clubs its the above figure + he will expect to be one of the top paid players in the world so you are talking over £50m in wages over 5 years - maybe up to £100m. The total package is upto £250m + agent fees over 5 years. Or you wait a year and its £75m less.

Its a lot and I think that staying at Dortmund is the most likely outcome. But only slightly ahead of us signing him and Chavs as 3rd most likely. Purely on the basis we need him more than Chelsea.

Yep. Obviously they feel that they can get this over the line if City are focussed on Kane and Jan Aage would know. Will be interesting to see how deep Roman has to go to get this over the line. I'd be surprised if he breaks their wage structure massively. Would be out of character for Marina (and him).

Curtains for United and Liverpool if City and Chelsea land Haaland and Kane.

How much would you pay to block Chelsea from getting a world class striker?

Kane will never go to Chelsea, so Haaland's value is not just that he is a very good player, buying him would block Chelsea from adding their final missing piece and then that 2 horse race you described above becomes a 1 horse race.

I'd easily pay an extra £25m for that.

I'm completely convinced that our priority, and the only transfer currently being worked on, is Kane. I've had it from most of the lads who cover the club, and I've had it from the only person I know who actually knows and speaks to Pep. Appreciate that that's not what a lot of people want to hear, but it's also not something I'm going to lie about as I don't really want the headache.

Whatever happens I'm more than convinced we'll have an incredible number 9 by the time the window closes and in many respects that's the only thing that matters to me.
Kane would do me. Haarland in 4 years would be his replacement, or even Delap

How much would you pay to block Chelsea from getting a world class striker?

Kane will never go to Chelsea, so Haaland's value is not just that he is a very good player, buying him would block Chelsea from adding their final missing piece and then that 2 horse race you described above becomes a 1 horse race.

I'd easily pay an extra £25m for that.

And the rest!

I don't necessarily believe the rumours about our players being linked to other clubs but if we were to lose Laporte/ Gabby/ whoever this summer, then I'd hope those extra funds would go towards the excess we'd pay for Haaland over Kane.

Kane would do me. Haarland in 4 years would be his replacement, or even Delap

Haaland is now or never, he's not going to be on the market again when he leaves Dortmund.

Wherever he goes will give him a 6 year deal, and short of him running down his contract to leave for free, which never actually happens, his future club won't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.