Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of Kane and would love him at City, BUT if it turns out we had a realistic chance of getting Haaland, but sign Kane, and Haaland goes to Chelsea, that would be a monumental fuck up on Citys behalf.
If it turns out we have no chance of getting Haaland and instead sign Kane who fires us to the next 5 premier league title, that would a monumental transfer on Citys behalf.

How much would you pay to block Chelsea from getting a world class striker?

Kane will never go to Chelsea, so Haaland's value is not just that he is a very good player, buying him would block Chelsea from adding their final missing piece and then that 2 horse race you described above becomes a 1 horse race.

I'd easily pay an extra £25m for that.

I’d pay what it takes. But sadly I’m not Pep Txiki et al. And I can’t get too upset because we’ll get Kane IMO.

Haaland to Chelsea could be bullshit of course but we keep hearing that City will push the boat out when a generational talent is available. We've let Kun go, surely now is the time to make a statement? I'll be devastated if Haaland ends up at Chelsea.

I’d pay what it takes. But sadly I’m not Pep Txiki et al. And I can’t get too upset because we’ll get Kane IMO.

Kane's going to be so good, it's just a shame to miss out on a player like Haaland - not often a record breaking world class talent arrives on to the market and just happens to be a City fan and play in a position you need to fill.

I know I'm being spoilt beyond belief.

If Chelsea end up signing him then we had every chance of signing him but chose not to for whatever reason.
Every chance up until the point when he tells Txiki and Pep he doesn't want to sign for City but instead wants to go to Chelsea.

I would be shocked if we pull out of any deal for anything other than that the lad doesn't want to join. This isn't the first time when the bright lights of London have caught a player and it won't be the last.

Unless of course, Pep doesn't rate Haaland that much and has decided Kane is the man for the job. Look at all the bollocks going on with Donnarumm and Raiola, perhaps Khaldoon has made the decision we are not going to be party to any circus every summer.

How much would you pay to block Chelsea from getting a world class striker?

Kane will never go to Chelsea, so Haaland's value is not just that he is a very good player, buying him would block Chelsea from adding their final missing piece and then that 2 horse race you described above becomes a 1 horse race.

I'd easily pay an extra £25m for that.
The Haaland deal makes so much sense in so many different ways that I have to assume there's a major stumbling block outside of the public domain. Maybe we feel like he's not that arsed about coming here, compared to Kane who is practically begging, very publicly, to get the deal done. Feels like that's the sort of thing that tips the balance for us as a club, rightly or wrongly.

My gut is that we end up with Kane, Chelsea end up with Lukaku (despite his recent comments) and Haaland does another year at Dortmund. Just can't see Chelsea blowing 200m including agent fees, plus 350k a week. That money could probably buy Lukaku and Rice.

Every chance up until the point when he tells Txiki and Pep he doesn't want to sign for City but instead wants to go to Chelsea.

I would be shocked if we pull out of any deal for anything other than that the lad doesn't want to join. This isn't the first time when the bright lights of London have caught a player and it won't be the last.

Unless of course, Pep doesn't rate Haaland that much and has decided Kane is the man for the job. Look at all the bollocks going on with Donnarumm and Raiola, perhaps Khaldoon has made the decision we are not going to be party to any circus every summer.
I don't think it would be the bright lights of London. I think, if Haaland chose to push for a move to Chelsea this summer, it would be because he fits their system like a glove. If Haaland starts instead of Werner in the final, they'd have been out of sight after half an hour. He has the pace, he loves to play on the last shoulder. Doesn't want the ball to feet, but in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.