Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I can still get it but hopefully if what they claim it should keep me out of hospital
It's still a very complex situation, and that's not the most important picture (other than to you obviously).

You can obviously still catch it, but it will keep you from hospital (hopefully), but you can still spread it to people who aren't vaccinated, and it's entirely possible you could catch it now, and not even know, so wouldn't be isolating either.

My dad was double vaccinated in early Jan, is he still safe from catching it (along with thousands of others who were vulnerable, and are now double jabbed, but the effect might be running out again) ?

We don't know the answer to these questions, and there is the other problem, you could catch it and pass it on to someone who's immunity is getting lower, who you might be close to.

We should all still be cautious, until (much) more information is available, especially when cases have effectively doubled in a little over 7 days.

Find it really interesting that Delta isn't yet showing signs of spread throughout much of Europe. I know we sequence more than the rest, but cases are still on the decline throughout much of mainland Europe when you'd maybe expect some signs by now that Delta is beginning to take hold. Not that I'd want it to, just interested in the reasons why it's not (yet).

Only Denmark does sufficient genome testing to know so it could be taking over in areas without the authorities knowing.

Only Denmark does sufficient genome testing to know so it could be taking over in areas without the authorities knowing.

No, I realise that, but I mean from the testing which Denmark are doing, it's pretty steady. And elsewhere, in terms of raw case numbers themselves.

Seems like ages since the UK's low figures began to plateau and have been rising again for a couple of weeks, elsewhere are still on a downward trend, so regardless of sequencing, the daily case numbers are not acting as you'd maybe think they would at this stage.

UK patients went back over 1000 today by the way for first time in couple of weeks. Given the rise in Scotland atop the one in England. There are only 38 in hospital in Wales and N Ireland combined but 982 in England and Scotland so in total 1020.

Ventilators also well up to 148 - 133 of them in England (and 45 of those in the NW). With 0 N Irelnd, 3 in Wales and 12 in Scotland.

So three times the number in N Ireland, Scotland and Wales just in North West hospitals.

UK patients went back over 1000 today by the way for first time in couple of weeks. Given the rise in Scotland atop the one in England. There are only 38 in hospital in Wales and N Ireland combined but 982 in England and Scotland so in total 1020.

Ventilators also well up to 148 - 133 of them in England (and 45 of those in the NW). With 0 N Irelnd, 3 in Wales and 12 in Scotland.

So three times the number in N Ireland, Scotland and Wales just in North West hospitals.
only 3 fully vaccinated thoughout the UK though so if people can't be arsed getting a jab then I can't be arsed worrying about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.