Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was slightly tongue in cheek although I don’t trust these despots one bit so won’t be giving them the benefit of the doubt. Kate Bingham’s vaccine success doesn’t change the fact we still have the same bunch of twats in charge that have screwed everything else up so badly. But that’s not for this thread so I’ll leave it there.
This government might be a lot of things - many of them not very flattering IMO - but it puzzles me why anyone refers to them as despots. They're as far removed from despots as you can get for me and their lack of a backbone throughout this pandemic has enabled the fuckwits to do what they want and ride roughshod over all those people who have tried to do the right thing. I'm far from an advocate of draconian measures but personally I'd have got the fucking water cannon out on the anti-lockdown dickheads long ago. They can moan and skrike about human rights but most of the fuckers involved in those protests didn't give 2 shits about human rights before this pandemic hit. Most of them are only complaining because they've been stopped from doing all the things they want to do. Well join the fucking club and cry me a fucking a river you bunch of selfish cunts!

This government might be a lot of things - many of them not very flattering IMO - but it puzzles me why anyone refers to them as despots. They're as far removed from despots as you can get for me and their lack of a backbone throughout this pandemic has enabled the fuckwits to do what they want and ride roughshod over all those people who have tried to do the right thing. I'm far from an advocate of draconian measures but personally I'd have got the fucking water cannon out on the anti-lockdown dickheads long ago. They can moan and skrike about human rights but most of the fuckers involved in those protests didn't give 2 shits about human rights before this pandemic hit. Most of them are only complaining because they've been stopped from doing all the things they want to do. Well join the fucking club and cry me a fucking a river you bunch of selfish cunts!
Didn't they send covid infected care home residents back into care homes resulting in 1000s and 1000s of deaths? They are vermin.

Hmm it’s actually extremely convenient timing…just in time to justify a delay to 21st and another U-turn. They must have used up all their variant quota a la winter lockdown!

FWIW I don’t have a massive problem with a short delay but it’s laughable how they manipulate people and wheel these things out that ‘aren’t their fault’ at such opportune moments.
A delay to opening up wouldn't be a u-turn though. It was a guide that's all, not a rubber stamped date.

Government have u turned again, I understand the need to be cautious but they can expect some hostile resistance from some sectors and it still makes little sense when millions have been double vaccinated and deaths are very low.
The issue is that constant moving of the goalposts.

Not surprised and I still wouldn’t surprised if they delay it until August. Before we know it, the summer will be gone, Covid infections will go up in the autumn and we’ll be in lockdown again. Can’t wait.
This summer is fucked already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.