Players supposedly unhappy

But we didn't hand them the previous 2 games. FA cup.I will give you. But Sterling gets the penalty he should near the end, we can go 2-1 up and if do see the game out and win. Instead it is not given and they go.up the other end and score. Small margins, which it is at this level.
I agree but 8 changes and 9 changes didn't help

Confidence is everything in football.

When you’re playing in a settled winning team, you can make passes to your team mates with your eyes closed because you know where they’re going to be.

Even if 1% doubt creeps in to the player’s minds that the team / set up was wrong, it handed an advantage to Chelsea.
Said this in another thread, as soon as Chelsea saw our set up and their was no Fern or Rodri protecting the back four, it would have given them a huge boost.

I would be surprised if Barcelona weren't keen on most of our players, as well as pretty every other in the world. We have some of the best players in the world at our club and everyone aspires for the best.
Doesn't mean they are going to anywhere though.
The Barcelona stories are bizarre given they are already £1bn in debt and are embroiled in a huge legal wrangle with UEFA which could drag on for years and de-stabilise them hugely.

If a player is unhappy, well that is their right, if they speak to Pep and he cannot satisfy them then they can choose to stay or go.

Either way it is their choice and rather a player no longer happy asked to leave than stay here and all suffer both themselves and us due to a drop in form.

I will not have ill will if they leave and thank them for their service, unless they act the **** after.

Last edited:
Pg fucked up trying to be clever & outsmart tuchel , but the players didn't turn up for the biggest game of the season .
Both parties to blame .

Nah, Pep isn't infalible and makes a few mistakes over a season, as does any manager, he fucked up the final and showed no contrition for his mistake.

Overall though he is excellent

What about their own performances?

Watch the game again and you will see a team that wilted under the pressure of the occasion. So many bad passes, stopping momentum.

Taking out a 36 year old should not determine so much to how we played. And if it did, the question should again be asked about the player's own performances.
I'm sure the players were thrown off by his team selection. They had never played with this setup before and I would imagine he hadn't practiced in training either. Yes they should've adapted better but given the occasion, the nerves and pressure I'm sure it affected them and you saw this in a disjointed performance. At the end of the day it was a bad night for the club, one we would all like to forget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.