Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it would be cheaper for them to have stayed at home and employ two full time carers? Even four carers would be cheaper than £123,000 a year.
They started that way but it was a nightmare. The Carers were leaving them alone at times and one stole from them. It was costing £96000 for round the clock care and was very poor quality. They are much happier where they are now.

They started that way but it was a nightmare. The Carers were leaving them alone at times and one stole from them. It was costing £96000 for round the clock care and was very poor quality. They are much happier where they are now.

Ahh okay, I Iooked at the figures and did the maths and thought it must be cheaper to do it yourself, even hiring at agency rates. Getting dedicated carers who actually care is the hard bit as you say. It's very tough I don't envy anyone trying to do what's best for their loved ones.

Ahh okay, I Iooked at the figures and did the maths and thought it must be cheaper to do it yourself, even hiring at agency rates. Getting dedicated carers who actually care is the hard bit as you say. It's very tough I don't envy anyone trying to do what's best for their loved ones.
We thought my mum might need some recently after a stay in hospital. She got free care for 6 weeks and we looked into how much it would cost going forward. For half an hour in the morning and half an hour at night for a just a little bit of help it was going to cost £800 a month! She soon recovered when we told her that :-)

We thought my mum might need some recently after a stay in hospital. She got free care for 6 weeks and we looked into how much it would cost going forward. For half an hour in the morning and half an hour at night for a just a little bit of help it was going to cost £800 a month! She soon recovered when we told her that :-)

Somebody is making a killing out of this profession and it's not the ones doing the work given the wages they earn.

my brother is 63 and because he hadnt been to the docs for years they deregistered him but also lost his records and despite trying to reregister they cant find his records so wont jab him.hes rung 119 111 but cant get any help off any of them.he wants it but the incompetence of his docters is staggering
Sorry for saying, but I don’t believe he can’t get a jab if he’s over 6o, medial records or no medical records.

Just to be clear, there is a bit of a trope going round that Asian people live in communes at the moment, as it fits a transmission story that people are using to attempt to make sense of the current covid spike

The average UK house size is about 2.5, South Asian descendent families average about 3.5. It's not drastically more, maybe enough to cause slightly more household transmission, but I suspect it's community and culture as well.
3.5 to 2.5 is a massive difference

Sorry for saying, but I don’t believe he can’t get a jab if he’s over 6o, medial records or no medical records.

That's what I was thinking. Over 25s are being invited to turn up to some park in London on Saturday, and specifically being told they don't need ID documents or anything of the sort.

Wouldn't think your brother should miss out @city saint , just have to declare any known allergies, illnesses etc surely?

my brother is 63 and because he hadnt been to the docs for years they deregistered him but also lost his records and despite trying to reregister they cant find his records so wont jab him.hes rung 119 111 but cant get any help off any of them.he wants it but the incompetence of his docters is staggering

see the section about getting a jab without a GP or NHS number. Not sure how much help it is but may give pointers at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.