Running thread

I used to do yoga twice a week in a live class till lockdown but have not continued with online YouTube vids etc. I think it’s pretty important to know your form and just trying to follow a vid seems a possible route to injury! Go live if you can. I may look into starting up again now my old instructor is back doing live classes. It’s great for core strength and flexibility.

My last five pair of shoes have been Brooks Adrenaline or Brooks Ghost. My latest pair only lasted 500km, so I decided to change brand.

So, I ran 15km this evening, home just in time for the England v Scotland game. My new shoes are New Balance 1080. A good tight fit. Maybe a tad shorter than my last shoes, but they will wear in after a few miles.

Last edited:
I took delivery of a pair of zero drop Altra Escalates today. Feel great with lovely big toe box for my wide feet. Not tried on the road yet as all my running done for the week but I'm looking forward to Monday.

Went out this morning really looking forward to a nice longish run. Had a good week running so felt good. Knew by the end of the street I was struggling and managed only 6k and felt like shit. Hoping it’s just one of those days.

Went out this morning really looking forward to a nice longish run. Had a good week running so felt good. Knew by the end of the street I was struggling and managed only 6k and felt like shit. Hoping it’s just one of those days.
I think we all get this occasionally. What happens if this is race day though? It's there some way of guarding against it?

I took delivery of a pair of zero drop Altra Escalates today. Feel great with lovely big toe box for my wide feet. Not tried on the road yet as all my running done for the week but I'm looking forward to Monday.
Be careful if you’ve not transitioned into a zero drop shoe. I normally run in Hoka, 4mm heel to toe drop and I struggled with my calf’s after a a couple of runs in Altras.

My last five pair of shoes have been Brooks Adrenaline or Brooks Ghost. My latest pair only lasted 500km, so I decided to change brand.

So, I ran 15km this evening, home just in time for the England v Scotland game. My new shoes are New Balance 1080. A good tight fit. Maybe a tad shorter than my last shoes, but they will wear in after a few miles.
NB normally size smaller, I go up half a size. 1080s have that lovely knitted uppper and nice heel detail which takes the pressure off your achilles, I use them for my tempo runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.