England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

I couldn’t deal with the negativity from the itv commentators tonight. Constant moaning about England. It’s only the second game and we’ve got 4 points. I think that’s a pretty decent start.

You’d think the world had ended listening to them tonight. And my god yes Grealish is a good player, but you’d think he was the second coming of Jesus... for about 40 minutes they would not stop going on about him
He's not the Messiah......

Croatia 5/4 to win on Tuesday.

For all the praise Scotland have had, they upped their game against England and they’ll finish the group stage with 1 point and be out.
That's why I don't understand the hype surrounding what they did last night. Of course they avoided defeat when England were expected to win but the last 20mins they should have tried harder to beat England.

Obviously they could beat Croatia and be proven correct but I don't think they will.

Only Mount and foden get a pass from me up top, they didn’t shirk and happy to take the ball but too deep when starting off their runs. Stones and Mings were steady. Pickford did the minimum requirement but let down by his constant need to hoof the ball upfield like it was a bomb. The clamour to get Grealish on was bizarre and when he arrived he made England ever slower. Rashford was useless just drifted into his club position when he was clearly instructed to go up top. Full backs just defenders nothing going forward and if you playing with 3 offensive mids tucked inside you need width from them to create space. Kane looks pony but he is incredibly isolated due to 4231 formation.

Last edited:
My suspicious thoughts are that no one wants to finish top in this group. Had England beaten Scotland they would likely finish top of the group. Top of group D vs 2nd group F which would likely be France, Germany or Portugal. (England's possible end of comp). Therefore the target is to finish second. Group D 2nd vs Group E 2nd. would be much easier route against Poland, Sweden or Slovakia if Spain win the group, I would have thought.
Yesterday Croatia with no points played out a timid draw with Czech Republic. Croatia now have to beat Scotland at Hampden to go through.
Perhaps my thinking is just a load of suspicious bollocks ;-)

finishing second could have us playing one of those same teams..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.