England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Can you imagine working with the best managers in the world, Pep ,Tuchel, etc. then come to play for England and meet Gareth. He watches the PL games and tries to emulate mangers far above his level of intelligence. You sit in on his team talks and think WTF, this isnt going to work but have to abide by his decisions.Your mood drops, you have no confidence and this frankly is why we are useless as a national team.Potentially we have a world winning squad. I will bet he will be gone after this campaign.

Truly awful game of hoofball.....amongst the poor displays by England's 11 both Kane and Sterling were terrible. How are we going to score any goals when both Rice and Phillips won't or can't play forward? I feel worse than I did after City's pathetic display in Chumps League final!
that isn't possible, 1 second after the final whistle i couldn't give two fucks, where as the champs league final :(

I haven't read any of the posts on here yet so I may be repeating what everyone else is saying, so apologies if that is the case. I was worried that Pickford might have one of his nightmares, especially in that torrential rain, but he played very well. The back four, which looked a potential weakness also did very well but I have to say that the praise for Adams and Dykes escaped all control seeing as they would struggle to get a shot on target if England's eleven left the field. They should not have bothered Stones and Mings, they didn't threaten the Czech republic and they'll need more than a barn door to shoot at against Croatia. It was further forward where we fell apart. I suppose we were "playing out from the back" but in reality all too often we were playing around at the back because Philips and Rice came so deep that we got a dozen square passes as they thought what to do - before Sterling and Foden (and sometimes Kane) came deep to join in the square dance OR we got a rather aimless hoof up in the vague direction of the front three. Mason mount had to join in because he never got chance to play the game he plays at Chelsea. Phil and Raz were in the team, I suppose, to dribble through a defence lying deep but Kane was so out of form that he was rarely in the game and when the other dribbler, Grealish, came on Kane was not on the pitch and he had the same impossible task that Phil had had. That England team was so laboured and slow because the style of play (if one could be identified) was totally at odds with the players selected. Sorry, but I've never seen anything to suggest Southgate is up to the job and last night's show gave further evidence that he isn't.

To be honest I'd take a draw versus the Czech Republic too, finish 2nd, play 2nd in Spain's group. We're not ready to play one of France, Portugal or Germany this early.

Yeah, just something a bit different to what we’ve seen so far.
Think that’s the crux, isn’t it.

Agree that Foden hasn’t quite nailed that central role yet, albeit with only very limited opportunities.

Could be Grealish as a 10, Foden left and Sancho/Sterling right.

If it’s Phillips and fucking Rice, with two non-attacking fullbacks, I’ll cry.

Can you imagine working with the best managers in the world, Pep ,Tuchel, etc. then come to play for England and meet Gareth. He watches the PL games and tries to emulate mangers far above his level of intelligence. You sit in on his team talks and think WTF, this isnt going to work but have to abide by his decisions.Your mood drops, you have no confidence and this frankly is why we are useless as a national team.Potentially we have a world winning squad. I will bet he will be gone after this campaign.
I certainly hope he gets his p45, but dont see the FA having the gonads to issue it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.