Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What irritates me is that they don’t tend to give an uncertainty. Models , as with measurements should have an uncertainty associated with them. For a good model you would be looking at a confidence interval of above 90%. From looking at this paper …
https://www.nature.com/articles/s43588-021-00028-9 the model being used are a long way from that. Likewise the uncertainty in the input data which as stated in the same paper can be as large as 300%.
Its correct that models do get refined by studying the empirical data but for chaotic systems you need vast quantities of it, which 1 and a bit yrs into this we just don’t have.
The modelling is akin to predicting the long range forecast for the weather, yes it’s sometimes accurate but it only takes a few parameters to change and it can be wildly inaccurate.
I had a quick look at that paper and what stood out to me was: "CovidSim contains over 900 input parameters".

They are doing nothing of the sort. It was always presumed at least an annual jab would be required to deal with mutations exactly as it has been for flu for decades.

I have been having a flu jab for the past 21 years for the exact same reasons as this.
I'm mid 40 never ever had a flu jab and never will.
I'm not paying for it, neither am I having any further sodding covid jabs. Will I get charged for that too?
Well another day passes and there's still zero evidence of exponential rises in hospital cases and even less in the deaths even though it's well been over a month and a half for this wave. I guess there will be a lot of apologies on this thread but I doubt it. I suspect the people that would like the country locked down over 1 case will still have their head buried in the sand rocking in the corner.
We've got our booster jabs to come yet before they let us out to play.
Meanwhile The Scottish witch is making her own rules up that little Boris will no doubt follow!
As you where then!!!!

I'm mid 40 never ever had a flu jab and never will.
I'm not paying for it, neither am I having any further sodding covid jabs. Will I get charged for that too?

We've got our booster jabs to come yet before they let us out to play.
Meanwhile The Scottish witch is making her own rules up that little Boris will no doubt follow!
As you where then!!!!
It's doing my fucking head in, my Daughter and grand children live in Glasgow, they have followed every rule for the last 18 months like we have, they should be coming down to see us this weekend for the first time since the beginning of July last year , they are then going on to Liverpool to see his parents, then a week in Wales and then off to see friends in Brighton, fuck um, you can have 60,000 people in Wembley but can't go and watch your kids sports day, the world has gone fucking mad, rant over for now

It's doing my fucking head in, my Daughter and grand children live in Glasgow, they have followed every rule for the last 18 months like we have, they should be coming down to see us this weekend for the first time since the beginning of July last year , they are then going on to Liverpool to see his parents, then a week in Wales and then off to see friends in Brighton, fuck um, you can have 60,000 people in Wembley but can't go and watch your kids sports day, the world has gone fucking mad, rant over for now
I totally get it mate. Its ridiculous, I don't have a partner or wife (noone will put up with me) but I've really suffered with my mental health last few months this.
People have had enough

I totally get it mate. Its ridiculous, I don't have a partner or wife (noone will put up with me) but I've really suffered with my mental health last few months this.
People have had enough
Must be really difficult being by yourself, especially when all you hear is just hang on for a few more weeks, and then you hear today that 60,000 people, a lot of them will have flown in from all over Europe and the rest of the world, but we can't even go to fucking Scotland

Tell them to come.

Ehh, it's not a plot. That's all I'll say.

Media and politicians just let people believe it would be over this summer, because you can't tell people what to believe, when they desperately want to believe something else.

Doctors would be a bit cannier about delivering the bad news up front. They'd made sure you got the truth, it's part of their job.

It's not their fault. They tried to say right from the start, this will take years to truly sort out.

It's yours, for not being cynical of politicians, who will always let you believe what you want, and then, when the truth emerges, get you to blame someone else.

Right? Always been that way. A Doctor would tell you if had six months to live. He'd tell you if you would die within a year, unless you stopped boozing.

You think politicians work like that? They hide everything! That's the job... keep the bad news out of the headlines, present themselves as responsible for the good news.

TBF, the way they - all of them - do this, is to actually no when to say fuck all, or speak gibberish, because then all they're doing is letting you think what you want to believe.

Fuck me. Don't cause yourselves any more problems. Ignore all the good and bad news in the media - it's all bullshit designed to sell papers - and ask a doctor, what's likely to happen.

Ehh, it's not a plot. That's all I'll say.

Media and politicians just let people believe it would be over this summer, because you can't tell people what to believe, when they desperately want to believe something else.

Doctors would be a bit cannier about delivering the bad news up front. They'd made sure you got the truth, it's part of their job.

It's not their fault. They tried to say right from the start, this will take years to truly sort out.

It's yours, for not being cynical of politicians, who will always let you believe what you want, and then, when the truth emerges, get you to blame someone else.

Right? Always been that way. A Doctor would tell you if had six months to live. He'd tell you if you would die within a year, unless you stopped boozing.

You think politicians work like that? They hide everything! That's the job... keep the bad news out of the headlines, present themselves as responsible for the good news.

TBF, the way they - all of them - do this, is to actually no when to say fuck all, or speak gibberish, because then all they're doing is letting you think what you want to believe.

Fuck me. Don't cause yourselves any more problems. Ignore all the good and bad news in the media - it's all bullshit designed to sell papers - and ask a doctor, what's likely to happen.
Start with Dr Chris Smith of Addenbrookes on the Colin Murray show on BBC Radio 5 on Monday nights (and other shows). He doesn't sugar-coat, over-dramatise or complicate the issues. Need more doctors like him in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.