Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a headline in The Sun: "Immigration Row: England becomes Dutch Colony"
In 1990, I took a coach party to Belgium to watch a re-enactment of Waterloo (175th anniversary). Before it kicked off, There was long delay while the Frenchies were trying get the promoters to change the ending to a truce settlement rather than a English/Prussian win.
England 4 - France 1
Crecy 1346 Hastings 1066
Poitiers 1356
Agincourt 1415
Waterloo 1815

Big Dave,
Do you remember the England game, I cannot recall who we were playing, and Granada had the match. Gerry Loftus was the commentator and he had to apologise at the end because somebody in the editing suite had accidently cut the winning goal. It was really amateur hour, the only good thing was one commentator without endless waffle.
Whenever ITV televised a footy game you were always prepared for some issue or another that would put a blight on the viewers 'matchday experience'!

In 1990, I took a coach party to Belgium to watch a re-enactment of Waterloo (175th anniversary). Before it kicked off, There was long delay while the Frenchies were trying get the promoters to change the ending to a truce settlement rather than a English/Prussian win.
England 4 - France 1
Crecy 1346 Hastings 1066
Poitiers 1356
Agincourt 1415
Waterloo 1815
Mrs Ewing and I were part of a French school exchange in the early 80s and one weekend one of the French teacher hosts took us to Waterloo. We went round the Waterloo museum and the teacher's husband had a quite upsetting afternoon.

England 4 - France 1
Crecy 1346 Hastings 1066
Poitiers 1356
Agincourt 1415
Waterloo 1815
Your missing the famous exploits of Corporal John such as Blenheim, Ramillies etc

England 4 - France 1
Crecy 1346 Hastings 1066
Poitiers 1356
Agincourt 1415
Waterloo 1815
Bad away defeat at Fontenoy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.