Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
She destroyed the world I lived in,and everything I believed in. I'm a sixty five year old grandfather, I have a very comfortable life but I can see the harm she did and people who were not so fortunate. Don't think I'm likely to grow up now and hate that woman more the rags.
Self pity is never a good look. Neither is hate.

You should thank Thatcher for the comfortable life you lead.When she took over the country we were the sick old man of Europe and everyone agreed it was just a matter of managing our decline.

Agree you are unlikely to grow up now.

You should thank Thatcher for the comfortable life you lead.When she took over the country we were the sick old man of Europe and everyone agreed it was just a matter of managing our decline.

Some good points could be made but she also made us a lot more selfish.

The way people look down on the less fortunate is a trait that got worse around her being prime minister imo.

We will never agree so pointless arguing the point because I have left of centre views fail to understand why " I need to grow up ". Thatcher and Ferguson blighted my life Mancini and Blair raised it. I am totally lost with today's politics anyway with its woke obsessions. While I don't feel I need to grow up my best life was In the seventies

Some good points could be made but she also made us a lot more selfish.

The way people look down on the less fortunate is a trait that got worse around her being prime minister imo.
Agree to differ and move on.

I think there's a match on telly tonight.

We will never agree so pointless arguing the point because I have left of centre views fail to understand why " I need to grow up ". Thatcher and Ferguson blighted my life Mancini and Blair raised it. I am totally lost with today's politics anyway with its woke obsessions. While I don't feel I need to grow up my best life was In the seventies
So was mine.

We were young and youth is the big prize.

Enough politics - from me anyway.

Sunday Times magazine has a long article about the European Super League by Oliver Shah. Mostly just re-telling the story but there's the usual sly digs at City's oil rich owners.

Makes we want to scream. We only spend what we earn. Our sponsorship deals are not inflated and we are subject to the same FFP rules as all the other clubs. And yet time and time again, on television, radio, print and online, the idea that the Sheik personally funds our transfer dealings is passed off as the truth. End of rant.

She destroyed the world I lived in,and everything I believed in. I'm a sixty five year old grandfather, I have a very comfortable life but I can see the harm she did and people who were not so fortunate. Don't think I'm likely to grow up now and hate that woman more the rags.
Can't agree more I was a skilled fitter when she pulled the rug from under the engineering companies fortunately the firm I worked for was government owned and closed 1979, on her orders, and I got a job allied to engineering, inspecting machinery that was imported that was not as well manufactured as well as the UK quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.