It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've won more than any other PL club in the last decade. People talking about pressure and expectations don't understand the club they're supporting. City expect to win every single season. The expectations are greater than on any other club in the league already. Nothing will change that. We finish second and it's a disaster not just in the media, but on Bluemoon too.

You simply can't expect more without being delusional.

Couldn’t of put it better myself…

Kane I get why the club want him, his record is outstanding, and before the Euros I was all in favour, but after watching him up close, he worries me, he looks slow, tired and old before his time.
This is literally the issue. 6 games in the national team doesn't make or change a transfer thats been thought of for more than a year probably. Are you saying that Kane who finished the season with most goals and assists in the PL is suddenly old/tired/lost in 2 months?

I think Grealish can play with the intensity we need. Overall though the squad is evolving and changing. We can't time machine ourselves back 3 years to have younger versions of the players we have, so some change is inevitable. Personally I think we should've made at least one of these changes last summer but accept that covid and Messi put a spanner in the works.

I'm genuinely shocked at how divisive Harry Kane. He's an absolute no brainer for me.

It's not a question of quality with Kane, I just don't think he's capable of being available for every game as our only senior striker, not without running him into the ground very quickly, at any rate. I just think it leaves us unbalanced.

@Keeper!
Are you ever going to be happy with whoever we sign?

You was saying around December last year that our squad was overrated and that we can't polish turds and we have lots of them in our team!

You strike me as someone who will have a whinge and a whine whatever we do and whoever we sign. We could end up signing kane who is a natural goalscorer yet all you want to do is tut and say he's not worth it, to me it shows you know nothing about football.

I'm not having a go but it just seems you're on every thread just blowing hot air and poo pooing whatever we do or whoever we're linked with.
And could you forget about Felix, he's nowhere near the levels of our squad, we got as much chance signing him as we have with the lanky Barca dwarf.

He is a post generator very good for blue moon forum.. ;)

It's not a question of quality with Kane, I just don't think he's capable of being available for every game as our only senior striker, not without running him into the ground very quickly, at any rate. I just think it leaves us unbalanced.

I know what you mean, but I suspect that the calculation is if we sign Grealish (even if Bernardo goes) - there will be the requirement to play with the False 9 just to keep everyone involved and give everyone game time. Ultimately Kane means that Bernardo (or Grealish) is benched regularly. Unless we bench Kane from time to time and use the False 9 system.

I also genuinely feel Torres is a better option at 9 than Jesus.

This is literally the issue. 6 games in the national team doesn't make or change a transfer thats been thought of for more than a year probably. Are you saying that Kane who finished the season with most goals and assists in the PL is suddenly old/tired/lost in 2 months?
No I am not, I don't watch Spurs games over 90 mins, I watch their highlights, when you watch a player over 90 mins for many games, you see different aspects.

Kane looks physically very old, incredibly slow, that's a big minus point.

That’s why I’m underwhelmed.
At £130m ish he’ll improve us over last season, not hard considering we didn’t play with a striker for most of it, but not over previous seasons IMO.
If we’re spending that kind of money I’d expect a game changer and that ain’t Kane.

Bring a quality player in win the league jobs done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.