Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

Brilliant 12 month loan for the kid.

He's a very talented,physically imposing yet cultured,centre back if you aren't aware.

I am confident he'll go far in the game,looking forward to keeping an eye on him.
------------------------------------------

**Edit (as title change and forum move)

Loaned to Sunderland,it would be great if people cold update with his performances,cheers
Hey guys
I’m editor of A Love Supreme, a Sunderland AFC Fanzine. With Callum recently joining Sunderland on loan, would you be interested in answering a few questions for our upcoming magazine? https://www.a-love-supreme.com/

Hey guys
I’m editor of A Love Supreme, a Sunderland AFC Fanzine. With Callum recently joining Sunderland on loan, would you be interested in answering a few questions for our upcoming magazine? https://www.a-love-supreme.com
You can always ask, whether you get any sensible answers you can use is another matter of course ;)

Is Callum Doyle really 6'3" BTW? Never realised watching him that he was that big at just 17.

You can always ask, whether you get any sensible answers you can use is another matter of course ;)

Is Callum Doyle really 6'3" BTW? Never realised watching him that he was that big at just 17.

He’s massive, he probably hasn’t even finishing growing yet as well.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I think he's about 6'1 and 13 stone.

Anyone else who sees this, feel free to contribute too.

What sort of player is Callum Doyle?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

What sort of attitude does he have?

This is Doyle’s first stint in a senior side. Will he be able to make the step up to men’s football?

He’s only 17 years old! Does Doyle have the maturity needed in League One, even at such a young age?

He’s already impressed Sunderland fans in pre-season. Do you think the defender will be able to keep such a high standard throughout the season?

Anyone else who sees this, feel free to contribute too.

What sort of player is Callum Doyle?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

What sort of attitude does he have?

This is Doyle’s first stint in a senior side. Will he be able to make the step up to men’s football?

He’s only 17 years old! Does Doyle have the maturity needed in League One, even at such a young age?

He’s already impressed Sunderland fans in pre-season. Do you think the defender will be able to keep such a high standard throughout the season?

1) Defensive all-rounder

2) Decent in the air, strong in the tackle, excellent cross field passes, really good dribbler for a centre back, I wouldn't call it a weakness as we don't know about his mental strength, he has never been "properly" tested though he moved up to the under 23's not long after his 17th birthday and didn't look out of place

3) His attitude seems to be excellent, never heard any bad press about him and up until last season no one had really heard about him nor touted him as one to look out for despite being in the academy since 2014, that says to me he's worked really hard on his game during training and doesn't let external influences affect him

4) The proof will be in the pudding so we can't really answer that question, though as previously stated he was a first year scholar last season and moved into the under 23's with ease

5) He seems switched on, bright and determined I would say he is mature enough

6) No, in all honesty, youngsters are prone to being inconsistent, which is just part of football unfortunately, so I would have thought there will be tough periods that Doyle must go through this season, his making will be if he comes out the other side of those tough periods as a better player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.