Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason a club lets a player goes easily is if the offer is way above the actual value of the player or the club feels the player is actually not that good and would be happy for them to move on.
OR the player has made it be known that he has no intention of carrying on playing there. There's no way on earth that ANY club will keep a player on a big wage that's refusing to play, if there is a suitable buyer. If City truly are willing to pay top dollar for him, and he has made it clear he wants to leave, i think a deal will be struck but they will try and change his mind first. Maybe he hasn't even got as far as making his feelings clear, he could just have been testing the waters and i wouldn't blame him for it either.

Wes Edens is also involved with the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team. They also had their own star man, coveted by many much 'bigger' franchises, as they call them in America.

They did everything possible to keep their man, and are now one game away from being NBA champs.

Villa won't let Grealish walk away without a fight. That's a fact.
I am sure the five-year contract extension worth an estimated $228 million didn't make any difference...

OR the player has made it be known that he has no intention of carrying on playing there. There's no way on earth that ANY club will keep a player on a big wage that's refusing to play, if there is a suitable buyer. If City truly are willing to pay top dollar for him, and he has made it clear he wants to leave, i think a deal will be struck but they will try and change his mind first. Maybe he hasn't even got as far as making his feelings clear, he could just have been testing the waters and i wouldn't blame him for it either.
True but you fight like hell to get the best price and payment terms.

Cash up front and none of this pay over 20 years like the rags, scousers or Italians.

Same will apply to Levy and Spurs, they need cash and quickly.

Cash deal on the nail or no deal and even for a club like us , in these difficult days , that won't be easy.

True but you fight like hell to get the best price and payment terms.

Cash up front and none of this pay over 20 years like the rags, scousers of Italians.
Yep, and that's pretty normal i think.

I think Khaldoon alluded to it in the end of season interview about there being a lot of creative transfers. This season more than any other, i don't think anyone (including us) can just lump a load of cash up front on a player.

Last edited:
Yep, and that's pretty normal i think.

I think Khaldoon alluded to it in the end of season interview about their being a lot of creative transfers. This season more than any other, i don't think anyone (including us) can just lump a load of cash up front on a player.
Exactly, hence the reluctance to get involved with Little Alf and not get into a bidding war with Levy.

The simple fact of the matter is whether he wants Champions League football or a shot at some title medals.

He's 25 and realistically he'll be at least 27/28 before Villa can even think about either. That's very best case scenario for them.

So the only way he stays is the offer of a huge contract or lack of ambition (call it loyalty if you want).

The simple fact of the matter is whether he wants Champions League football or a shot at some title medals.

He's 25 and realistically he'll be at least 27/28 before Villa can even think about either. That's very best case scenario for them.

So the only way he stays is the offer of a huge contract or lack of ambition (call it loyalty if you want).
He only needs to look at Kane to see how quick 25 becomes 28 and you are looking at a career with the prospect of no medals.

It sounds like they're trying to do something similar here, with Grealish. I don't blame them for it either, but i don't think its as cut & dry as Villa or City fans think it is. IMO this could go either way.
Keep Grealish and they are probably only about 9 or 10 players away from challenging for the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.