The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I don’t think so.

The PL’s rules say that if there is a dispute between the club and the PL that they can’t sort out themselves it will be referred to Arbitration. When you become a member of the league you agree to arbitration automatically.

Arbitration is a recognised procedure within English law. There are only limited ways in which the outcome of an arbitration can be challenged. If it can be challenged it must be to the a High Court. There are even fewer grounds to appeal from the High Court to the Court of Appeal.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport can be accessed when the parties have agreed that it can. That isn’t the case here.

I think that;s right. A quick keyword search in the PL handbook (current one) shows no occurence of "court of arbitration"

Stephan (@projectriver) concluded "it unlikely a 6 year limitation under the Limitaion Act 1980 does NOT apply to the PL rules and the the limitaion is 6 years from breach and not the evidence.

The 1st year of PL cost controls was 2013/2014.

CAS looked as far as 2015/2016 but some of the earlier stuff 2011/12 and, I think, 2012/13 was time barred.
Remember limitation can't apply if they haven't even been charged. I'm confident the Limitation Act will still apply unless the PL accuse City of deception - even then the bar is high under the recent caselaw.

Remember limitation can't apply if they haven't even been charged. I'm confident the Limitation Act will still apply unless the PL accuse City of deception - even then the bar is high under the recent caselaw.

Thks and I've just seen I've spelt your name wrong - apologies :)

This... I think...
iu

What is clear is that someone from the PL hierarchy has given Javier Tebas a steer in advance of this information being released. He made those loaded comments about City and the CAS legal action suggesting "it's not over" a couple of weeks ago. He couldn't have got it from City's lawyers or the judge. So someone in a senior position at the PL has leaked it, probably to one of our commercial rivals, who has then briefed Tebas. That tells you a lot. I don't believe in co-incidences.

Never have liked all this legal stuff as it all originally seemed to start with certain parties trying to construct rules specifically to catch us and so it's no wonder we find ourselves still fighting them. Trying to get my head round "Remember limitation can't apply if they haven't even been charged" from the reliable @projectriver . Is this good from a City point of view?

Thanks.

Im sure that it was reported that while UEFA has a time bar the PL doesn’t.

Sounds like neither party really want this anymore but have to complete the process.

And yet the Premier League briefed the Liverpool computer hack was water under the bridge and not worthy of an investigation...

And yet the Premier League briefed the Liverpool computer hack was water under the bridge and not worthy of an investigation...
We didn’t seem to mind and banked £1 million. We should have taken them to the cleaners.

There would be a lot of pressure on the PL to get City. Am I right in remembering only United and Liverpool were allowed to interview for PL vacancies…or was that The FA?

I doubt it’s a battle that the PL wanted but was forced on them by the Americans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.