Seasoncard - 2021/22

Although it's frustrating for most of us, me included, I think City Matters has earned its crust here.

We know that the club has a very black and white attitude to many things and they think about it only from their angle, not from the angle of the fans who may be frustrated because the scanners aren't working, or the older ones who don't have the technology.

We're there to provide than fan view and for once they've undertaken some meaningful consultation with us. And we've shown them there are numerous shades of grey and there are no simple answers. Fans are quite understandably nervous about a system that appears to offer minimal advantages at the expense of a huge amount of risk. And we've made them think that what sounds good in a meeting room at the CFA doesn't necessarily translate when 50,000 people, each who may have a different problem, converge on the turnstiles.

The system has been tested with 10k people and been found wanting. Our definition of "success" with regard to the Everton game and the club's definition are somewhat different and there was quite a heated debate on this last week. Now multiply that by 5 and a few hundred that might have experienced severe problems becomes a few thousand. They need to be pragmatic, not dogmatic.
The main gripe I have is the season card, told over the phone the I can have one but looking at the posts on here seems to be not the case if this is correct will City let me cancel my seat and get a refund.

The main gripe I have is the season card, told over the phone the I can have one but looking at the posts on here seems to be not the case if this is correct will City let me cancel my seat and get a refund.
When call centres are outsourced and their operatives paid minimum wage and minimal training, they’re likely to say things to avoid conflict.

If City send out 1 plastic seasoncard, the dam is broken.

The system has been tested with 10k people and been found wanting. Our definition of "success" with regard to the Everton game and the club's definition are somewhat different and there was quite a heated debate on this last week. Now multiply that by 5 and a few hundred that might have experienced severe problems becomes a few thousand. They need to be pragmatic, not dogmatic.
The Everton game was a bloody shambles, i know because I experienced it first hand.

Just because there were problems at the Everton game doesn’t mean there will be problems forever.

That’s the definition of testing. Identifying problems and fixing them.

How do some people not understand this? Fuck me..

Some people on here get off on wallowing around in misery and seem to actively dislike the idea of going to the football. It’s pathetic.

Just because there were problems at the Everton game doesn’t mean there will be problems forever.

Some people on here get off on wallowing around in misery and seem to actively dislike the idea of going to the football. It’s pathetic.
There is a lot of negativity on this site about practically everything.

But there are legitimate concerns about this rollout. Not sure why you can't understand that.

I understand this. I've worked on major IT projects for many years and am about to manage a crucial part of one of the biggest transformation projects in Western Europe, one of the key customer facing parts. So I think I know what I'm talking about.

One game, with a testing sample of 10,000, where there were significant problems (whatever the club say about it being a success) does not make it fit for roll-out to 50k on a regular basis.

The right way to do this is to carry on with a sample user base, say 10-15,000 with different phones, operating systems and providers, and assess where problems are occurring. Is it phone reception or other mobile phone problems, the reliability of the scanners, better education for the users, etc. Then when you've assessed all these things, fix as many as you can before you're ready to launch it on 50k.

You also do user research among the people using it. How many have smart phones, printers, computers, email or none of these. Then you can plan your campaign accordingly. The club simply haven't done any of this, and anything they have done isn't to the extent required to ensure it goes smoothly.

I understand this. I've worked on major IT projects for many years and am about to manage a crucial part of one of the biggest transformation projects in Western Europe, one of the key customer facing parts. So I think I know what I'm talking about.

One game, with a testing sample of 10,000, where there were significant problems (whatever the club say about it being a success) does not make it fit for roll-out to 50k on a regular basis.

The right way to do this is to carry on with a sample user base, say 10-15,000 with different phones, operating systems and providers, and assess where problems are occurring. Is it phone reception or other mobile phone problems, the reliability of the scanners, better education for the users, etc. Then when you've assessed all these things, fix as many as you can before you're ready to launch it on 50k.

You also do user research among the people using it. How many have smart phones, printers, computers, email or none of these. Then you can plan your campaign accordingly. The club simply haven't done any of this, and anything they have done isn't to the extent required to ensure it goes smoothly.
Now that City Matters have made the club aware of many fans' reservations about this, do you have any idea yet if the club are going to meet the fans half-way (cards for the technophobes for example).

(I realise you may not be able to say anything at this point, and also that as fans were just guessing what's going to happen as the club have released no information yet.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.