Seasoncard - 2021/22

Okie dokie…I’ve just washed and dried my match going kit and I’m going to put it on and get down to the ground/stadium today to make sure I’m first in the queue and first in the ground! I’ve got 4G (whatever that is) on my mobile phone and I’ll just have to trust it doesn’t run out of battery so that I receive the communication about whether I can get in on a card/phone/print at home (that won’t be possible if I’m outside the ground but I’ll cross that bridge) and just scweam and scweam and scweam if they won’t let me in first!

Is that ok? Any objections?

:-) ;-) :-)

Okie dokie…I’ve just washed and dried my match going kit and I’m going to put it on and get down to the ground/stadium today to make sure I’m first in the queue and first in the ground! I’ve got 4G (whatever that is) on my mobile phone and I’ll just have to trust it doesn’t run out of battery so that I receive the communication about whether I can get in on a card/phone/print at home (that won’t be possible if I’m outside the ground but I’ll cross that bridge) and just scweam and scweam and scweam if they won’t let me in first!

Is that ok? Any objections?

:-) ;-) :-)
jib in....bollocks to all this tech no logy

The key point here is not entry by phone v entry by plastic card, it is entry via new technology v entry via a bar code scan. Switching from plastic card scanning to mobile phone scanning would not be an issue (apart from them without a mobile phone!).

The Everton match was the perfect opportunity to test out the new technology. There was a restricted crowd of less that 40% of capacity, there were instruction to arrive early to enable security checks to be made. Had it worked, we could look forward to it working with a full capacity.

The problem is that the system fell on its arse and there was chaos everywhere. The card readers at the turnstiles were not working in far too many cases. Is there any indication that this will be different?

The other question is why the rush to implement an untried technology? It is nothing to do with the minimal costs that would be saved by not issuing a plastic card. They could have simply let the punters use last years card as other clubs have been doing for years.

I suspect that this is all do do with a crackdown on card sharing dressed up as ‘moving with the times’. Entry via a scanned barcode would permit the codes to be easily transferred From one device to another and back again.

The club have been sold a pup by the IT department and have a flaky system on its hands. Someone will have to back down or there will be chaos at the Norwich match.

What is pathetic is your failure to understand legitimate concerns raised.

It's 3 weeks until we play at home and so far not a peep from city as to the ticketing arrangements.

It will be a fucking shambles at the first few games I guarantee it.
I think everyone will have the same idea and get to the ground early, the queues outside the Etihad will be massive.

The key point here is not entry by phone v entry by plastic card, it is entry via new technology v entry via a bar code scan. Switching from plastic card scanning to mobile phone scanning would not be an issue (apart from them without a mobile phone!).

The Everton match was the perfect opportunity to test out the new technology. There was a restricted crowd of less that 40% of capacity, there were instruction to arrive early to enable security checks to be made. Had it worked, we could look forward to it working with a full capacity.

The problem is that the system fell on its arse and there was chaos everywhere. The card readers at the turnstiles were not working in far too many cases. Is there any indication that this will be different?

The other question is why the rush to implement an untried technology? It is nothing to do with the minimal costs that would be saved by not issuing a plastic card. They could have simply let the punters use last years card as other clubs have been doing for years.

I suspect that this is all do do with a crackdown on card sharing dressed up as ‘moving with the times’. Entry via a scanned barcode would permit the codes to be easily transferred From one device to another and back again.

The club have been sold a pup by the IT department and have a flaky system on its hands. Someone will have to back down or there will be chaos at the Norwich match.
Absolutely spot on but they will not back down.
It's defiantly prompted by card sharing and unfortunately the fans have no say. Catching up with United at a rapid pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.