Seasoncard - 2021/22

Just because there were problems at the Everton game doesn’t mean there will be problems forever.

That’s the definition of testing. Identifying problems and fixing them.

How do some people not understand this? Fuck me..

Some people on here get off on wallowing around in misery and seem to actively dislike the idea of going to the football. It’s pathetic.
What is pathetic is your failure to understand legitimate concerns raised.

It's 3 weeks until we play at home and so far not a peep from city as to the ticketing arrangements.

It will be a fucking shambles at the first few games I guarantee it.

I'm not sure you can totally blame the club here. They may have found that the main problem was "user errors" rather than the infrastructure. If that's the case then there's no real need to do ramped up stress testing because that's already been done at other stadia, it works, that's known.

The other issue is how do you organise these test events? The pandemic has stopped the club doing any pre-season games with fans, so far. Maybe they will still try with restricted attendances but personally I think we just have to go with it. I know it's not welcomed by many, but I understand the reasons why it's being done, and actually can also see the argument for doing it now rather than deferring it another year (when there may be a naturally lower attendance early on).

In the grand scheme of things, it's a first world problem we are facing. I'm happy to put up with the inconvenience (and will probably moan about it afterwards) but after what some people have had to face over the last 18 months, I'm sure I can handle it.

If its 'user error ' then you mitigate that with clear communications/training. You set clear expectations as to how things will work and what preparation your users need.

There has been zero communication from the club and the 1st home game is only a couple of weeks away.....

I personally am more concerned about the useless twats who run Metrolink. Will they put on more trams and ensure that they are all double units?

The service provided on match days prior to the eperdemic was frankly awful, have they made any plans for how they will operate it when our first home match comes around?

SS3 entry is already problematic due to the volume of people all forced to go via just a handful of turnstiles, many will already have experienced missing the kick off on previous occasions due to crowds/stewarding/turnstile issues.

Any additional delays will cause chaos in SS3.

I'm more than willing to take part in trials of the new tech but the club has to have contingency plans in case it doesn't work smoothly.
Especially M1 entrance for SS3. As you point out, it generally is very backed up for every game and I remember the chaos when they initially started searching people and bags.

The Everton game entry 'organistion' was shambolic on every level so for the club to conclude that mobile ticketing was a success says to me we have some out of touch mediorities on the operations side of the club.

I personally am more concerned about the useless twats who run Metrolink. Will they put on more trams and ensure that they are all double units?

The service provided on match days prior to the eperdemic was frankly awful, have they made any plans for how they will operate it when our first home match comes around?
That reminds me, I believe there are no trams running through Victoria on the weekend of the 28th 21st. Not showing on the Metrolink website though, so may have changed.

EDIT: 21st not 28th; 21 – 23 August: Victoria track renewals (phase 5 part 2), Bus replacement between Queens Rd/Monsall to Victoria and Piccadilly and changes to city destinations for East Didsbury and Airport services.

Defintely check a bit nearer the time.

Last edited:

Agree mate, it's an absolute shambles at the moment as it is and that's before a balls kicked.

If its 'user error ' then you mitigate that with clear communications/training. You set clear expectations as to how things will work and what preparation your users need.

There has been zero communication from the club and the 1st home game is only a couple of weeks away.....
I don't disagree. I'm sure we'll get instructions on how to use it better than what happened at Everton, because people need to know about card clash etc as many keep their debit cards within the phone cases it seems and to put the phone as close to the reader as possible, with the screen normally facing you, in the right place and to keep it still until it reads.

This change is difficult to train users though. The "floorwalkers" and "champions" (god I hate those terms) will be the younger and more hip element of the fans. Like me ;)

As I mentioned in the Comm Shield thread, it would have been a good opportunity to trial it again at Wembley instead of forcing us to print at bleeding home!
That's the FA's responsibility, not City's, and how would success or otherwise at Wembley have an impact on what happens at the Etihad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.