Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should hopefully be the last day of all the ITK twitter bullshit and made up stories. I'm sure we'd wanna get him in for a medical on Monday and get the paperwork sorted and get him in training so hopefully a decision is made one way or another.

I saw on Villatalk someone say that if they keep Grealish. They'll have the best forward line in the league (Grealish, Bailey, Watkins and Buendia). True story. And they are definitely challengers for Europe.

This is why they have a hard time believing Grealish would leave. They think they are on verge of becoming something special.
Dean Smith, that backline and midfield, I'm sorry they aren't getting top 4 for at least another 2-3 seasons. Arsenal were in dire straits last season and finished 8th, Spurs 7th, West Ham and Leicester 6th. All vastly better squads/teams overall than this current Villa one.

I can tell you what will happen if Grealish did go though, they will struggle, but they won't do worse than 17th or 11th like last season and prior.

Doesn't Kayky drop in around then? Could be a big moment for that lad.
He does yeah. Foden, Sterling, Torres, Jesus all still ahead though, I highly doubt Kayky gets a look in right away, I think he'll be loaned out, unless he impresses in next year's pre-season. Hard to tell with these sort of signings. At least with Jesus we knew what the plan was.

We will have plenty of ackers to complete our other "major signing" so stop flapping.
Once in a lifetime a talented player like Grealish comes along and you make a grab for him.Its strengthens our team and weakens our nearest rivals to be.
City aren`t run by fools.
Totally agree with much you say, you constantly have to evolve and improve, always attempt to get better.

We must never stand still and be satisfied, we made that mistake under Mancini.

But once in a lifetime player? really? I genuinely hope your correct but I just don't see that. I do believe the player you will see at City will be a very different player to the one that was at Villa. I think he could develop into a very good high quality No8, but even them, once in a lifetime, to me, is well over the top.

Apologies.
After re reading it.
I have been watching sky bet odds closely, and yesterday they only fluctuated slightly, it was the previous day the odds were swinging wildly.

Usually the sky bet odds need to go 1/10 to reveal large money, though i have seen even those bomb on there.

And this morning sky bet closed the book or rather suspended it on Grealish staying at Villa. Interesting
This was discussed last last. A poster on Reddit who apparently is in the know claimed he had inside info and said Grealish was stating staying.

This led to a rush of Villa fans placing bets and this is all over the he Villa Reddit page. So more than likely sky suspended the betting to leverage the bets.

Here's the kicker though the poster who said he's staying has since deleted his Reddit account

Totally agree with much you say, you constantly have to evolve and improve, always attempt to get better.

We must never stand still and be satisfied, we made that mistake under Mancini.

But once in a lifetime player? really? I genuinely hope your correct but I just don't see that. I do believe the player you will see at City will be a very different player to the one that was at Villa but even them, once in a lifetime is well over the top.
Let's be honest, he's a very rare profile to be found amongst English players. If that makes sense. Very technical and unique, in a way you'd only find this in Spanish generation of midfielders most times. So yeah, I'm not saying he's world class, but I think, as an English player, if we can get him now, it only benefits us, because the key ingredients are all there for him to be a Pep player, it's the perfect age to take him in and refine his game. Definitely a 'once in a..' type of opportunity imo.

Only other types that match this level of technical ability I've seen in our own academy with Foden, and recently with James McAtee

£100m i s a lot of money. Villa should be able to build a team with that but I think they should have done a lot more a lot earlier, e.g., imagine how much they will have to pay for Ward-Prowse.

£100m is an extraordinary fee, and it's a lot more than I imagined because I thought Grealish and his agent had inserted a release lause in his contract and assumed that they'd have set it lower but Grealish is an extraordinary player. Foden, and de Bruyne are too but I think Grealish is at their level. I believe that City are blessed with players in his position (KDB, Foden, Benrardo) and IMO there are three positions where we could strengthen: left back, centre-forward and defensive midfield and he is none of those but on the other hand he is the most talented English player since Gazza (Foden apart). This is what Real Madrid or Bayern Munich do, and what Man Utd used to do, hoover up the best players in their league. Let us hope he follows through with this deal once he is back home but I don't think he will have much hesitation. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a footballer. A chance to play for the best side in the history of English football, the best coach and achieve everything you dreamed of a player.
Is he fuck at the same level as debruyne, ridiculous to even think that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.