Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard from someone who works in Pharma who also works with the Govt and also from a different source that there could be another type of lockdown in September. Is this some kind of urban myth that’s been whispered around? Surely it’s got to be rubbish.

My mates girlfriends hairdressers dog walkers cousin works in Boots and she overheard someone saying that they heard from Denise in head office the same thing.

I’ve heard from someone who works in Pharma who also works with the Govt and also from a different source that there could be another type of lockdown in September. Is this some kind of urban myth that’s been whispered around? Surely it’s got to be rubbish.
Bound to be if numbers keep falling

Not as bad as the sage report saying it’s possible that a variant could come about that could kill 1 in 3. Nothing like a bit a good news from that lot!

hopital admissions are still rising and there’s a lot of pressure on hospitals right now for whole variety of reasons.
What with 5.9k in hospital across the country with Covid (40k in Jan) and it's plateaued?
With those numbers not a chance.

Not as bad as the sage report saying it’s possible that a variant could come about that could kill 1 in 3. Nothing like a bit a good news from that lot!

That wasn’t really what the report was about. But it is what the media decided to focus on.

It’s the press you need to focus your anger on, not scientists.

What with 5.9k in hospital across the country with Covid (40k in Jan) and it's plateaued?
With those numbers not a chance.
You might be right if Covid was the only condition increasing in prevalence. Lots of hospitals run at warm throughout the year and if say one in ten patients are Covid cases, that is a lot of pressure on services. Especially when beds have been reduced in some services to try to reduce transmission in hospitals that remains a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.