Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at least 1500 of those were admitted for something other than Covid, so would have been in anyway.….
What matters in terms of pressure on services is the range of conditions people are being treated for and how their care needs to be managed. Your point might be a good one but it’s in the wrong discussion.

Saw an interview with some 20 somethings saying more would get it if it was more convenient and possible financial insensitives! I mean just come on if that doesn’t sI’m up this self entitled fucking generation, it’s not hard to go online book a jab take 20mims out of your day, I now even Uber etc have jumped on this to encourage them, lazy fuckers deserve to get Covid if the cant be arsed.

Looks like Delta is just too infectious as Australia is struggling to contain it despite lockdown.

Saw an interview with some 20 somethings saying more would get it if it was more convenient and possible financial insensitives! I mean just come on if that doesn’t sI’m up this self entitled fucking generation, it’s not hard to go online book a jab take 20mims out of your day, I now even Uber etc have jumped on this to encourage them, lazy fuckers deserve to get Covid if the cant be arsed.
Probably trying it on after the US recently announced you can have $100 if you get jabbed. If there’s issues with uptake, it’s only a matter of time before incentives are offered.

You might be right if Covid was the only condition increasing in prevalence. Lots of hospitals run at warm throughout the year and if say one in ten patients are Covid cases, that is a lot of pressure on services. Especially when beds have been reduced in some services to try to reduce transmission in hospitals that remains a problem.
Not going to cause lockdown or the return of restrictions if its other diseases causing problems though is it?
Proof positive that restrictions have damaged the nations ability to cope with other diseases and opening up now is the right decision as these things are far worse in winter.

60% of 18-24 have had a 1st dose in the North West. That's pretty high. Not high enough to stop it spreading perhaps in that social group - well they will get Covid then. But it wont take much.

The problem group are school children. This is the group in which it may spread again. It's a dilemna. Vaccination for this group is marginal for their own health but if they were immune then you'd eliminate much of the threat posed to elderly people. It's the young who carry the infection into the community.

Not going to cause lockdown or the return of restrictions if its other diseases causing problems though is it?
Proof positive that restrictions have damaged the nations ability to cope with other diseases and opening up now is the right decision as these things are far worse in winter.
We’ve opened up and I’m all for it. That doesn’t change the reality that a lot of hospitals are under considerable pressure. Things are worse in Winter but the gulf in pressure on hospitals between Winter and Summer isn’t what it once was. Whitty and Vallance overegged tue seasonality pressures because it is partly true and they didn’t really have a choice. We couldn’t stay with restrictions for ever.

Covid as well as the current design of health services has hindered the full range of health services. Covid continues to pose challenges that hinder sustaining the full range of health services. Hopefully, we are over the worst of it.

What with 5.9k in hospital across the country with Covid (40k in Jan) and it's plateaued?
With those numbers not a chance.

It’s pretty endless. Up and down the country. Hospitals are under severe pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.