Best Ever Headed City Goal

There should be a distinction between the quality of the header and the significance of it in terms of its influence on the season.

Dzeko (v Spurs away) and v QPR in May 2012 has a valid claim on both counts.

my first reaction was McCarthy's against the Rags , but Vinnie's against the Rags was also up there , Dzeko's against QPR often overlooked because of 93.20 , all these goals well have been covered on this thread. Give a special mention to Wyn Davies only spent a season with us but the best header of a ball i have ever seen , he used to hang in the air and the power he generated was phenomenal , a shame he signed for the Rags to destroy any legacy he had with us :)

Vinny when he powered through Ferdinand to smash the rags.
He did it again to put City in front 1-0 in the derby near the end of the Centurions season. As he went up for the corner the tv commentator (Tyler?) remembered Kompany's goal that night and said "he likes headers against Utd doesn't he." Shame about the eventual result.

He did it again to put City in front 1-0 in the derby near the end of the Centurions season. As he went up for the corner the tv commentator (Tyler?) remembered Kompany's goal that night and said "he likes headers against Utd doesn't he." Shame about the eventual result.
Yeah, was at that one. Biggest and shortest party ever.

Tommy Hutchison (without an "N" its not HutchiNson used to piss me off in the playground when people got that wrong!) Id never seen my dad react to a goal before that (or since) I was 8 and he grabbed me and I nearly hit the ceiling.
When people talk about that cupfinal we hear about Ricky Villas and Steve Mackenzies goals (not as much as Villas mind) but the quality of old Tommys header often gets overlooked.

(I should add I mean the first one!)

League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
14th January 1981
Kevin Reeves
The fucker was disallowed by the bent ref.​

I had sneaked in the Kippax in the under 14s queue though I was a week off being 16, the Kippax went berserk when Reeves scored, it took a good minute or so to realise it had been disallowed for a phantom push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.