Best Ever Headed City Goal

Superb that chip. How many players ever chipped Jennings?
I think Barnes sat Jennings on his arse in consecutive seasons at Maine Road. The first time Jennings was playing for Spurs and then for Arsenal.

As someone has already said, what a team that was.

I think Barnes sat Jennings on his arse in consecutive seasons at Maine Road. The first time Jennings was playing for Spurs and then for Arsenal.

As someone has already said, what a team that was.

Here's the Spurs one at around 2 minutes 45 seconds...

?

A diving header by Johnny Crossan v Huddersfield on New Years Day 1966. There were over 47,000 in Maine Road for that match, City’s biggest crowd in years.

A photographer behind the goal managed to catch it just right with Crossan in mid air. That snap was plastered all over the papers the next day.

A diving header by Johnny Crossan v Huddersfield on New Years Day 1966. There were over 47,000 in Maine Road for that match, City’s biggest crowd in years.

A photographer behind the goal managed to catch it just right with Crossan in mid air. That snap was plastered all over the papers the next day.
The return match at Leeds Rd. was also rammed. We and Hudds fought out the title for much of that season.
Crossan was superb for us in that promotion year, even tho' he was approaching the end of his career. He had an amazing personal story which included a life ban for standing up to the mafia who ran Irish football in those days. Worth looking up.

Quinn v Schmeichel at Maine Road in the game we were 2 up at HT and lost 3-2
think it was his second goal that night

Too lazy to trawl back through 10 pages, but I'm assuming my two nominations have long since been nominated.
1. Big Dave against Ipswich. What a bullet of a header. And, not far behind....
2. Mick Mccarthy against the unmentionables. Both at the North stand end of Maine Road.

Younger BMers, ask your dads about Maine Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.