Harry Kane

I think this is the route Harry Kane has to go down to try and force a move. City and Spurs clearly haven't come to an agreement on price. Levy doesn't have to sell because of Kane's long contract, and City has just won the league and reached a Champions League final without a striker.

This time next year, Harry will be another year older and Haaland's buy out clause is applicable. If Harry doesn't go in this window, he misses his chance to come to City and work with Pep IMO.

That's not to say what he's doing is right, but you can understand the politics at play. He has to cause a headache to lower Levy's demands. All this 'gentleman's agreement' stuff is rubbish. You either have an agreement in writing or you don't. He's an idiot for signing such a long contract without a buyout clause.
Totally agree.

I think this is the route Harry Kane has to go down to try and force a move. City and Spurs clearly haven't come to an agreement on price. Levy doesn't have to sell because of Kane's long contract, and City has just won the league and reached a Champions League final without a striker.

This time next year, Harry will be another year older and Haaland's buy out clause is applicable. If Harry doesn't go in this window, he misses his chance to come to City and work with Pep IMO.

That's not to say what he's doing is right, but you can understand the politics at play. He has to cause a headache to lower Levy's demands. All this 'gentleman's agreement' stuff is rubbish. You either have an agreement in writing or you don't. He's an idiot for signing such a long contract without a buyout clause.

I think this is right. It is now or never for Kane/City/United

If it doesn't happen in the next few weeks, it will never happen. And Kane will have to think about staying forever. Not a terrible outcome for everyone. But probably not what anyone wants. Including Levy.

He is 28 and has dodgy ankles. I think he should stay where he is cos those 2 factors mean, in my opinion, he isn’t worth what you and your chairman think he is. We have walked away from plenty of high profile transfers due to high fees quoted, I think that’s the likely scenario with this one. Our highest ever fee paid is around £65m, we are unlikely to add around £100m to that. I think the worst news for you is HK not coming in to training yesterday, for him that was a huge and frankly unexpected step and it probably lowered the maximum fee available to you.
Grealish is 25 with dodgy shins :), Kane's injuries are over played and mostly due to him over committing.

If it doesn't happen in the next few weeks, it will never happen. And Kane will have to think about staying forever. Not a terrible outcome for everyone. But probably not what anyone wants. Including Levy.

Kane doesn’t want the rags they win fcuk all it’s city or bust

I dunno you have Mbappe and Haland, Mbappe will either sign on again or go to Madrid and Haland will have the choice of 3 English clubs and the possibility of BM. Next season Kane will only have 2 years left and will be cheaper.

Ben white went for £50M, a rumoured bid of £100m for Jack, £72M for Sancho. Kane is a player who has consistently scored goals in the PL and CL for a team who don't have the backing that others do. Kane will get you exactly what you need as a striker or a attacking midfielder. I'm not saying £180m or £160m.

I can see the logic you are using, I’ve done it many times when valuing players City sell. The reality is that it doesn’t work like that.

I think if the official line coming out of Spurs is that £100 million is a joke of an offer, and £150 million is the fee to start talks, it’s no wonder Kane is feeling priced out of a move and taking action of his own.

I personally think it will get done at around £120/130 million. A good deal for all parties.

Would Kane use the Webster ruling? If he is that desperate for a move.

"Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.

I dunno you have Mbappe and Haland, Mbappe will either sign on again or go to Madrid and Haland will have the choice of 3 English clubs and the possibility of BM. Next season Kane will only have 2 years left and will be cheaper.
You'd be surprised how quick the transfer window moves from season to season. Next year there'll be another 2-3 options who are making serious headlines. Priorities change from window to window. If we can't get Kane his move this summer, it's never happening.

Would Kane use the Webster ruling? If he is that desperate for a move.

"Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.
It's just a rule in place but no one exercises it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.