Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of pundits who clearly don't watch city are all extremely sure this is a bad purchase by city, because his creativity and directness won't fit our "possession heavy" style of play. this is a really stupid misunderstanding of how city plays. Our game is in fact highly dependent on someone to bring a change of pace after tiring the opponents with patient precision passing. It's way mahrez is so successful in his role. It's why sterling, when he lacked confident in the latter half of the season, looked poor (he couldn't bring himself to make those incisive, risky plays).

Grealish fits this mold perfectly.
I guess he is the closest thing to a messi in peps Barca team. Obviously not messi level but can go past players in similar way to open up defences. Pep will take him to another level too.

This is the moment the penny finally dropped and harsh reality set in. It is the same for every club outside of ourselves, the rags, Chelsea and the dippers. Arsenal and Spurs I think are hovering but may slip too far and end up amongst the also rans. Sure the odd club could do a Leicester and win a trophy occasionally but it's getting harder and harder. Any club outside the top four who unearth a gem are going to lose him to a bigger club. We were the same pre 2008, SWP being the best example. We got in by the skin of our teeth before the drawbridge was pulled up and they have tried everything in their power to throw us down into the moat ever since.

Clubs who voted for ffp condemned their own fans to this fate but they were too busy hating on us to see they were being screwed. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Imagine an alternate universe where the Sheikh had bought Everton or Newcastle and had done there what he's done here, would we be any different from the weeping Villa fans? Or any of the fifteen or so also rans that make up the numbers in the Premier League?

I like to think we would, our pre-takeover history and the red cartel clubs on our doorstep have long killed off any naivety we might have had, dispelled any romantic notions about how football is really run and who it's run for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.