Does the constant slander about City bother you?

Another rant on the subject to follow, why not? It's quite cathartic. :)

People keep saying City fans are too sensitive but have any of these people seen the reactions of Liverpool fans when their club is even remotely brought under scrutiny by the media? United fans too, are equally as "over-protective"(and paranoid about the treatment they recieve) of their club as Liverpool fans are, when it comes down to it. Both fanbases are beyond comparison with City fans on the whole. These journalists know they'd have received far more flack, for even half the bias they've shown against City. They wouldn't just be talking about trying to get them fired, they'd have shown up to their place of work, possibly outside their homes, protests, petitions etc and if that's all they got they'd be getting off light compared to some journalists. Relatively, they have got off extremely light with how they've gone after City and it's fans(which is a disgrace) and they can't even hack what little backlash they did receive for that.

The anti-City journalists(hacks) often hide behind the "pursuit of truth and justice" yarn but it's a fact that they do not keep the same energy for the old guard clubs and they never will IMO(Liverpool hacking scandal, project big picture, the ESL, visible old guard corruption within UEFA and so on). So it's really just empty words, something to hide their true motivations behind, which shows you the kind of people we are dealing with. They'll just find ways to disguise their lack of integrity and hypocritically, they don't think they themselves, as journalists, are allowed to be scrutinised. Ironically, they claim it's an attack when that happens, uncalled for they cry and sometimes use it as justification for personal attacks and campaigns against everyday fans, via legal threats or intimidation tactics(cowardly behaviour).

I get that United and Liverpool were despised up and down the country by rival fans, that is true. If it was typical rivalry towards a successful club, most of us would just shrug it off but it's clearly beyond that. There was nowhere near the level of collusion against them, that City have received. From rival clubs, to the media, to the organising bodies, domestic and continental. It hasn't really ever been seen on this scale.

Fans didn't need many excuses to hate United, so can you imagine how different their golden era would have been, if the media was feeding propaganda to stir up that hatred and discredit their achievements every week? There are still people who take what they read in the paper as gospel. They(rivals) are being wound up on a weekly basis to the point of seeking out confrontations with City fans, convinced they are armed with the facts, when it's mostly nonsense. Go look at the comments to any City article on the major news publications(MEN, BBC, Guardian etc) and you'll see it. The official City twitter and youtube feeds, are full of the enraged idiots too.

It's not even limited to online interactions, Bluemoon is full of stories of conversations with these know-it-alls preaching the gospel of Saint Harris and co, in everyday in life. So it's not that some City fans are always "looking for it", it's more because not everyone agrees with the "ok then" and walk away approach. That's part of the reason some people do want to know what is written, to separate the truth from the shite beforehand, to have a chance of arguing on a level playing field.

Last edited:

People keep saying City fans are too sensitive but have any of these people seen the reactions of Liverpool fans when their club is even remotely brought under scrutiny by the media? United fans too, are equally as "over-protective"(and paranoid about the treatment they recieve) of their club as Liverpool fans are, when it comes down to it. Both fanbases are beyond comparison with City fans on the whole. These journalists know they'd have received far more flack, for even half the bias they've shown against City. They wouldn't just be talking about trying to get them fired, they'd have shown up to their place of work, possibly outside their homes, protests, petitions etc and if that's all they got they'd be getting off light compared to some journalists. Relatively, they have got off extremely light with how they've gone after City and it's fans(which is a disgrace) and they can't even hack what little backlash they did receive for that.

The anti-City journalists(hacks) often hide behind the "pursuit of truth and justice" yarn but it's a fact that they do not keep the same energy for the old guard clubs and they never will IMO(Liverpool hacking scandal, project big picture, the ESL, visible old guard corruption within UEFA and so on). So it's really just empty words, something to hide their true motivations behind, which shows you the kind of people we are dealing with. They'll just find ways to disguise their lack of integrity and hypocritically, they don't think they themselves, as journalists, are allowed to be scrutinised. Ironically, they claim it's an attack when that happens, uncalled for they cry and sometimes use it as justification for personal attacks and campaigns against everyday fans, via legal threats or intimidation tactics(cowardly behaviour).

I get that United and Liverpool were despised up and down the country by rival fans, that is true. If it was typical rivalry towards a successful club, most of us would just shrug it off but it's clearly beyond that. There was nowhere near the level of collusion against them, that City have received. From rival clubs, to the media, to the organising bodies, domestic and continental. It hasn't really ever been seen on this scale.

Fans didn't need many excuses to hate United, so can you imagine how different their golden era would have been, if the media was feeding propaganda to stir up that hatred and discredit their achievements every week? There are still people who take what they read in the paper as gospel. They(rivals) are being wound up on a weekly basis to the point of seeking out confrontations with City fans, convinced they are armed with the facts, when it's mostly nonsense. Go look at the comments to any City article on the major news publications(MEN, BBC, Guardian etc) and you'll see it. The official City twitter and youtube feeds, are full of the enraged idiots too.

It's not even limited to online interactions, Bluemoon is full of stories of conversations with these know-it-alls preaching the gospel of Saint Harris and co, in everyday in life. So it's not that some City fans are always "looking for it", it's more because not everyone agrees with the "ok then" and walk away approach. That's part of the reason some people do want to know what is written, to separate the truth from the shite beforehand, to have a chance of arguing on a level playing field.
Just the same as the whole world was brainwashed into thinking Arse or the dippers scraping 4th on the last day of the season to keep the Super Sunday big sky 4 for the next season was equivalent to winning a World Cup.

It used to bother me, I'd argue for ages and point out their hypocrisy. It was wasted energy.

Now with a smile and a wink I simply say, "yeah but...Champions!"

They then mostly/probably spontaneously combust, I don't notice as I'm too busy loving all this winning.

By any objective analysis, Liverpool fans are the most sensitive out there, and by some considerable distance, certainly online. I don’t think United fans even come close. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a liar or an idiot; or both. This is a club and supporters that invites as much derision, ridicule and criticism as any; again this would only be refuted by a liar or an idiot - the material is rich and deep.

Yet none of these self-proclaimed seekers of truth dare speak stridently of these things, or would for a second consider calling Liverpool supporters ‘too sensitive’ (which they undeniably are) because they are utterly spineless - and like all bullies and cowards will pick what they perceive as an easy target, which lamentably is us.

That's why they do it; because they feel they can with impunity and it makes them feel better about themselves. If they were as critical of Liverpool, then it would be fair enough, but the fact they are not speaks absolute volumes about their cowardice and lack of integrity.

Twitter's a cesspool but I've had some fun on there this morning. Got a Villa fan on strings after he took the piss out of our turnout at Wembley on Saturday and then bizarrely called me a plastic for re-tweeting a request for fans to help Cheltenham Town out and to buy virtual tickets for the FA Cup game there last season. I asked this supposed Villa season ticket holder since 1984 if he was one of the 17,000 Villa fans who bothered turning up for the FA Cup game at theirs in 2016 and he couldn't even give me a definitive answer as to whether he was there or not - "more than likely" he said. Told him what kind of answer was that - he was either there or he wasn't. Then I asked him to come and meet me for a pint before our game at Villa Park at the end of November. Told him I'd DM him nearer the time and we'll sort out the arrangements and he can call me a plastic to my face. Needless to say, he's gone very fucking quiet!

He`d have to ask his mum 1st

Does not bother me in the slightest.
Footy makes us feel good or bad and for certain followers of some clubs it’s more the latter when they have been used to the former.
It is rinse and repeat now. The constant strive to make themselves feel better.
I love the hurt, the constant hypocritical drivel to tell us they don’t care.
If your not as good as the next man strive to be better.
Unfortunately the morons cannot directly do anything about it so that’s all they can do is constantly moan.
It is a weakness and long May it last.

Doesn't bother too much if it's somewhere like Twitter. Half of them's chasing likes and continually regurgitates the most fashionable remarks. Then there's another half that mostly shows how little they know about football - those that you obviously can tell only watches the "big games".

Plus I've seen nearly every club receive their fair share of "banter" when it comes to Twitter.

If this includes commentary then yes , it destroys my pleasure of the game , i like crowd noise not silence , wish we had that option , sick of getting annoyed every game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.