Does the constant slander about City bother you?

It's the hypocrisy that winds me up.

Nothing got said when United was breaking the transfer records multiple times and winning the league 9 out of the last 11 times, was it?

Nothing got said when Liverpool smashed the transfer record for a goalkeeper and a defender.

Nothing got said when Chlseas spent over 200 mil last season and whenever they spend a fortune.

We have an owner and club who invest in the team, stadium, academy and the surrounding area. We have broken the transfer record once.

Yes, we spent loads of money but at least we play good football with it - not like those clowns at Chelsea and United who spent millions and just play breakaway football.

Pep and City have transformed how football is played in this country for the better and we are bringing through the next generation of English talent through and have the core of the English team now playing which will only help the national team in the long run and we get painted as the bad guys?

I'm arsed to the extent that if enough people believe a lie for long enough it becomes a truth and that can have catastrophic consequences. If 10 years from now the bubble has burst and football clubs across England are facing financial ruin a scapegoat will be required and who could be more convenient than City?

I'd say it would be impossible that we could have our titles erased, our records deleted and achievements written out of history, but 20 years ago I'd have said it would be impossible for the UK to leave the EU - it's amazing what decades of half-truths, lies and misinformation perpetuated by the press can achieve. Palatable lies are far more powerful than unwelcome truths.

Nothing got said when United was breaking the transfer records multiple times and winning the league 9 out of the last 11 times, was it?

Nothing got said when Liverpool smashed the transfer record for a goalkeeper and a defender.

Nothing got said when Chlseas spent over 200 mil last season and whenever they spend a fortune.

We have an owner and club who invest in the team, stadium, academy and the surrounding area. We have broken the transfer record once.

Yes, we spent loads of money but at least we play good football with it - not like those clowns at Chelsea and United who spent millions and just play breakaway football.

Pep and City have transformed how football is played in this country for the better and we are bringing through the next generation of English talent through and have the core of the English team now playing which will only help the national team in the long run and we get painted as the bad guys?
Spot on and I've heard a few in the media along with a number of rags and scousers saying "if city can spend 200 m Football/ffp is finished" when I've asked them why they didn't say the same last season when chelsea spent 225m in transfers plus 35m in agent fees total outlay of 260m the silence is deafening

I'm arsed to the extent that if enough people believe a lie for long enough it becomes a truth and that can have catastrophic consequences. If 10 years from now the bubble has burst and football clubs across England are facing financial ruin a scapegoat will be required and who could be more convenient than City?

I'd say it would be impossible that we could have our titles erased, our records deleted and achievements written out of history, but 20 years ago I'd have said it would be impossible for the UK to leave the EU - it's amazing what decades of half-truths, lies and misinformation perpetuated by the press can achieve. Palatable lies are far more powerful than unwelcome truths.
Unfortunately what you say is true. The now years of untruths have had a significant impact on the great unwashed British public who seem to relish the poison dripped into there ear. We are now undoubtedly cheats in their eyes and should be made to pay. Call them out individually and they have no clue how or what we have cheated. I just wish the club would go in hard a couple of times and publicly expose the c*nts that propagate the lies.

We’ve broken the British transfer record three times:

1. Steve Daley £1,437,500 (September 1979)
2. Robinho £32,500,000 (September 2008)
3. Jack Grealish £100,000,000 (August 2021)

Although, in comparison to the times, Rio Ferdinand’s £29.1m move to United in 2002 would be worth £123m through football inflation in today’s money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take no notice of it, usually the saying "better to let everyone think your a twat...than open your mouth to confirm it" covers them.
TBH....what pisses me off more, is the constant slagging off of City players on here!! The fact we have won any trophy whilst having such shite players as Zin/Ake/Mendy/Stones/Gundogan/Rodri/Mahrez/Sterling/Jesus without thinking too hard, just under Pep is beyond belief!! ;)

I take no notice of it, usually the saying "better to let everyone think your a twat...than open your mouth to confirm it" covers them.
TBH....what pisses me off more, is the constant slagging off of City players on here!! The fact we have won any trophy whilst having such shite players as Zin/Ake/Mendy/Stones/Gundogan/Rodri/Mahrez/Sterling/Jesus without thinking too hard, just under Pep is beyond belief!! ;)
Don't be shy add Ferdi, Foden and that useless Belgium lad :-)

The only thing that still gets on my wick is the, you bought the league cack. Simply because its impossible to buy it. And claiming otherwise is a mark of a an idiot. Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I await some third rate hack to find the downside and place a negative slant on The Good Sheik buying the old FA Cup, displaying it in the NFM, and presenting the FA with a replica. I didn't read much footy reporting after the game at weekend so it could well have been that they thought it was a magnificent and generous gesture. But I doubt it!

Forgot the mention on the podcast linked earlier in the thread, Rob was insisting he has friends at City(as did the host, who is he?) and it's not the first time he's implied that along with nobody at City having "words with him" about anything he's said or written. I find it very hard to believe he has any friends, let alone at City, either he doesn't really understand the difference between friendship and professional courtesy(and politeness etc) or that was a clear attempt to feign some sort of impartiality to artificially inflate the worth of his opinions. You see this all the time online these days: "I'm a City fan but <insert anti-City comment here>", since when did grown men deem petty lies like that acceptable?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.