Harry Kane

We let Messi go because he is currently massively over-rated. All that matters when a player is 34 is his last season. Good yes. But not worth the money. Ronaldo and Messi are all hype based on great pasts.
If Messi really wanted to test himself and try at a sporting project of immense calibre he would have simply opted against PSG. But it's Paris, he's getting great wages for 2 more years, gets to have it rather easy and the club benefit from him being solely there. That's all. We've moved past the need for that, we're trying our own way now, and I'm confident in our strategy. Addressing needs is much more important than just getting the player on market because they fill a commercial purpose. That's what the rags do.

Fwiw, Messi is GOAT. I don't get why there's a lot of overrated shouts lol, have a word.

While i cannot agree with any of that, i would say that they won't be the same players in the coming two years.

The trouble withy stats is they don't show the whole picture. Watching people play can show a whole different performance. That wiesel thing at the rags scores loads of goals according to stats. But the truth is he goes missing in big games and gets loads of penalties to pad his stats etc.

Age gets to us all, and no matter how good they are/were, they have both peaked and will only slow down/decline going forwards.
I said he's good but not worth breaking the bank for because there is a mismatch between the perception of the player based on his past and what he is capable of delivering in the future. PSG have contracted the player's future basd o past he can not reproduce. You watch him play now. He no longer runs off the ball. His game is adapting to cope and it stresses his teammates who struggle. See Barcelona.

I said he's good but not worth breaking the bank for because there is a mismatch between the perception of the player based on his past and what he is capable of delivering in the future. PSG have contracted the player's future basd o past he can not reproduce. You watch him play now. He no longer runs off the ball. His game is adapting to cope and it stresses his teammates who struggle. See Barcelona.
I don’t think you’ve ever watched him? He’s always played “off the ball” like this. What you call “his past” is literally his present — his numbers last season once again were exceptional, as were most of his performances. And we didn’t need to break the bank — he was free and his wages would pay themselves off, it would be a no brainer.

If Messi really wanted to test himself and try at a sporting project of immense calibre he would have simply opted against PSG. But it's Paris, he's getting great wages for 2 more years, gets to have it rather easy and the club benefit from him being solely there. That's all. We've moved past the need for that, we're trying our own way now, and I'm confident in our strategy. Addressing needs is much more important than just getting the player on market because they fill a commercial purpose. That's what the rags do.

Fwiw, Messi is GOAT. I don't get why there's a lot of overrated shouts lol, have a word.
The clue is in the meaning of GOAT. Over-rated does not imply the subject is poor it implies a mis-assessment of the subject's current capability and that is most likely to occur in aging great players.

Yes, pretty much what i see when watching him.
I felt he was worth it last year. Mainly for the exposure/marketing, but that he still had a couple of years.
That didn't happen, so was happy to see us let it go this year.
He would still have been great for raising our profile. But maybe not great for sporting reasons.

He will only decline. Has no resale value. Doesn't really want a new club/challenge. Could stink out the dressing room with his ego/wage. Wife wouldn't be happy living here.
It would be a short lived circus.

I think the club made the right choice.

I don’t think you’ve ever watched him? He’s always played “off the ball” like this. What you call “his past” is literally his present — his numbers last season once again were exceptional, as were most of his performances. And we didn’t need to break the bank — he was free and his wages would pay themselves off, it would be a no brainer.
But we didn't do the no-brainer. Surely a no-brainer. He chose to go to a club that is so strong he can coast. He will be exposed in the CL latter stages as he has bee in recent seasons. A relatively strong club side can carry it's central player in most games, but when they play elite level opponnents they will get absolutely crushed playing like that. 8-2. It didn't just happen once. It happened 3 times to Barcelona.

You refuse to learn. You watch him next season in the important games. We shall see.

Why would Messi supposedly need to test himself? It's such a bizarre argument, often aimed at Pep. As if working that hard, being so exceptional, achieving so much and having such longevity wasn't a sufficient test.

But we didn't do the no-brainer. Surely a no-brainer. He chose to go to a club that is so strong he can coast. He will be exposed in the CL latter stages as he has bee in recent seasons. A relatively strong club side can carry it's central player in most games, but when they play elite level opponnents they will get absolutely crushed playing like that. 8-2. It didn't just happen once. It happened 3 times to Barcelona.

You refuse to learn. You watch him next season in the important games. We shall see.

There was circumstances that led to us not pursuing him, and I think the wages PSG is paying we probably wouldn’t pay. He wasn’t exposed in the latter stages of the UCL in the past couple of years, it was the teams that were poor and very poorly managed on top of that, with tactical mistakes that one could write a book about for each. When they played Liverpool the year they got beaten 4-0 at Anfield, they still won 3-0 at home with Messi giving an excellent performance. I watch him a lot, in all competitions. If I thought he wasn’t going to add much, I would have no problem admitting. It isn’t the case. He makes PSG stronger

Yes, pretty much what i see when watching him.
I felt he was worth it last year. Mainly for the exposure/marketing, but that he still had a couple of years.
That didn't happen, so was happy to see us let it go this year.
He would still have been great for raising our profile. But maybe not great for sporting reasons.

He will only decline. Has no resale value. Doesn't really want a new club/challenge. Could stink out the dressing room with his ego/wage. Wife wouldn't be happy living here.
It would be a short lived circus.

I think the club made the right choice.
If a club is focused on marketing. Messi is perfect. It's a good move for PSG and Messi. I think City tracked Messi last season because of NY City but Messi wants to play in Europe until the Qatar World Cup.

Why would Messi supposedly need to test himself? It's such a bizarre argument, often aimed at Pep. As if working that hard, being so exceptional, achieving so much and having such longevity wasn't a sufficient test.
People don’t realize that while PSG is easily going to win Ligue 1, they are now under heavy pressure to break every record in that competition and also win the UCL. This won’t be an easy season for them, that I can tell you. And Messi puts another pressure onto himself with wanting to win more Ballon D’Ors. That isn’t going if he doesn’t deliver

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.