Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Mendy is not fit for purpose and Sterling has gone back to last season. Not saying has a knee jerk it what it is. Wish it was different but can only see with my eyes.

Today clearly wasn’t great, I’m pretty content in just getting the minutes in, think we’ll be fine. That first 10 minutes will be sustained for much longer periods in a few weeks time. What is concerning, is our record coming from a goal down to win? We rarely chase games well.

The 2 full backs picked today can’t defend. Ake isn’t good enough. All 3 of them are the reason why we lost. Marez and Sterling were shit today and should be replaced. Their all round shitness, losing the ball and lack of working back makes them as culpable as the wankers at the back. Not a rant, just an observation from a fan.

However, i’m very confident we’ll piss the league (unless we play said payers who then play shit too often).

Hate the wankers in the press and the pundits (agenda driven). Even Micah Richards pisses me off.

I’ll wake up tomorrow not too arsed.

“I was there when we were shit”; teenager in ‘77 when we were unlucky not to win the league then watching in disbelief as we dismantled a top team and swapped it for kids.
Spent the next 30 years following City home and away and had the best time imaginable - not remembering most of the games (or quite a few of the players!!). Usually pissed.

Perspective is a great thing - and supporting City is GREATER.

Actually i didnt say he's the worst player we've ever had. What i actually said is that he's our worst ever signing. A stark difference. Given the era he signed in and the price...i absolutely stand by my comment.

So now era and price are coming into account. That’s a slightly different argument.

I’d argue we’ve had plenty of worse signings in our history.

Disappointing but let's be real.

The B team with no preseason, at a ground we struggle with, against a side who has a new manager and is quite motivated as we're about to take their best player off them?

This was always likely to happen.

A few things to smooth out and we'The
Pep should have managed the team a lot lot LOT better than he did.

No doubt there will be flapping galore on this thread.

My take -

We were clearly not match fit or match mentally sharp. Evidenced by lack of a press, inability to make enough recovery runs, sloppy under hit and over hit passes, sloppiness in front of goal and lack of concentration.

This was all over the pitch, every single player.

20 minutes in and the early fire basically went out. Spurs cottoned onto that and you could see they were thinking "these are fucked, we can beat these today".

We'll need to get up to speed sharpish. I'm sure we will.
We need to get the proper first 14/15 back, fit and firing, and start cracking on.

The other major issue was, as ever, Mendy.

The man is so far adrift of the rest of our players ability wise it's literally unbelievable. I also still take the view he isn't "all there" mentally and is, in fact, not actually able to read the game. He simply doesn't sense danger, doesn't understand positioning and cannot judge the weight of a pass. At all. He makes numerous mistakes every time he plays.

For me, he cannot play a meaningful game for us again.
We need rid fast ASAP, no more Mr nice guy just get rid
I've been his biggest backer more in hope than reality, but he's finished both physically and mentally and I'd rather we played a kid or someone from the halftime match draw over him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.