Running thread

Entered my first parkrun tomorrow. Never ran with anyone or in group before, just a tad nervous

parkruns are awesome. I’m on 63 now.
good vibe , nice early start and set for the day.
take it easy for your first race , it will feel like everyone’s going fast and your struggling for breath! That’s the brain playing tricks

Reactions: ob
Had a cracking run today along the South West Coast Path. Ran for 21k, with some decent climbs, 400m of elevation, and stunning views.

As the run was over the Jurassic coast It was pretty rocky/stoney and stupidly wore the Nike Pegasus which are great road shoes but not ideal on that terrain. Still a fantastic run and I was done at the end.

If there is any spark in the legs will be hitting the road at 6am from Dorset, get to Warwick 8:30ish for the Warwick Parkrun and then back on the road up to Manchester for the match. Great to be back.

EEA567D0-54F0-4A90-8468-FAF1A35EC49F.jpeg
Lovely run this week, live in Hampshire now but up visiting my Dad who hasn’t been so well. Training for Mcr 26.2 in Oct so took the opportunity to get my long run in whilst away. Planned a circuit of The Etihad then head into the City centre and South to Maine road. Real nostalgic trip that kept the interest so much I only noticed the leg pain around Fallowfield on the way back. First time back at Maine Road since the bulldozers came in and tbh it was a bit bittersweet, I nearly missed Maine Road off Claremont road as it was just so different. Mad running through the old center circle and my overwhelming feeling was it was a shame there wasn’t more of a tribute to the old place. Still I guess times moved on and it’s now someones neighbourhood rather than a shrine to days gone by. It was only when I got over to Platt Lane complex did I realise just how small the footprint of the land was compared to the whole
etihad campus. Still expected Steve McMahon and Michel vonk to be training on there as I ran past in the welcome Mancunin drizzle, then thru Platt Fields park where me and mates got pissed before Oasis in ‘96 then I was on my way.
Anyway, recommended as a long run route, and especially if you are like me an exiled Manc and trips are limited.

My first parkrun done. Was 76th male and 100th out of 156 and 9th in my age group. Happy enough with that and time of 30.23. Fantastic experience, so enjoyable. Took moment or 2 to settle down as not used to running with others and some paths quite narrow. Eventually found my pace, tagged in behind someone who had done 50 and he carried me home. Thanks to everyone for all their advice and support

My first parkrun done. Was 76th male and 100th out of 156 and 9th in my age group. Happy enough with that and time of 30.23. Fantastic experience, so enjoyable. Took moment or 2 to settle down as not used to running with others and some paths quite narrow. Eventually found my pace, tagged in behind someone who had done 50 and he carried me home. Thanks to everyone for all their advice and support

Well done Roy. Cracking time.
I found it tough today - was humid and airless.
stick with it and next time you’ll be sub 30

I ran the Warrington Parkrun yesterday, and my long run today was 18.4km, in an average of 7 minutes 30 seconds per km. If I could maintain that for 42km, it would total 5 hours and 15 minutes. I would be very happy with that on the day.

Today was two laps of 9km, and I stopped off at home at the end of lap 1 for water, just like a drinks station at the marathon. I also ate a packet of Cliff Bloks. I didn't particularly notice any energy boost, but they were very tasty.

Chicken salad for lunch, and a sandwich this evening after my run to complete my food intake for the day. I'm pretty tired now, and hoping for a sound night's sleep.

7 weeks to go.

2k swim followed by 10k run in 50 mins, calf feeling much better now so hoping to do another long run on Sunday, hope to cover 15 miles at a slow steady pace.
Got 11 miles completed, relatively happy, was out with a couple of guys who are further ahead on their training and couldn’t keep up, go again next week and do the 16-17 miles.

Went out for 3 hours today along the beach as preparation for the Marathon. Started slowly but my K splits got quicker as I went on, aided by listening to 90s dance tracks.
It has made me wonder if I should consider taking music to the Marathon, a bit of Baby D at mile 21 could make all the difference.

Completed 21.9 miles overall so pretty happy with that after a tough run friday and then 9 hours of driving over the wkend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.