Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

aaron, lee

ac/dc

adams, bryan

adams, ryan

aerosmith

aldo nova

alice in chains

allman betts band, the

allman brothers

allman, greg

alpha centuri

ambrosia

america

anderson, ian

angel

animals, the

aphrodite's child

april wine

argent

artful dodger

asia

atlanta rhythm section

audioslave

autograph

aviary

axe

axis

If you can find me five musicians playing with such flair and ease at the same time, then you'll give me something I haven't found in over 50 years.

Nobody can play this like Blackmore, don't even try
Nobody can play like Paice, just listen to the style
Roger Glover, this is what you call being in the groove
Jon Lord, the intro might not be to everyone's taste, but the progression into what becomes the blues is so easy
Gillan singing is so powerful without the screeching / nails on glass vocals like Dickenson.

Everybody will have their own favorites, but unless you are up there with the best ever, you won't equal these musicians.

If you can, can I be your mate?

Oh by the way, my wife and kids know this is definitely to be played at my funeral

A to Z of Rock.
Thought it might be a good idea to spend a week at a time going through the Rock alphabet. Obviously not stopping other content but hopefully others join in.

One of my current favourite bands is Alter Bridge. Anyone looking for classic hard rock look no further.
I was watching Download on TV a couple of years back and noticed a superb singer fronting Slash’s band.
Just a little research revealed Myles Kennedy and his regular gig Alter Bridge. Anyway I bought “Walk the Sky” a few months ago and it’s superb. Great musicians and omg that voice.

On the prog side there is Arena. I’m interested in most things John Mitchell who is an underrated guitarist. The group are also driven by keyboard wizard Clive Nolan. The music is dark and brooding with hints of Nolan’s obvious love for Victorian England and the OperA. I bought Peppars Ghost and love the opener “Bedlam Fayre”
The negative for me is the dark and gloomy nature of the music.

and finally the negative which is/was Asia. Any group with Steve Howe grabs my attention. Add in Wetton and Palmer and you can’t go wrong - surely ?
Just my opinion but I find the music too radio orientated and often by numbers. Such a big disappointment.

so come on, please give us your thoughts from Alien Ant Farm and AC/DC to Aerosmith and Anthrax.
This weeks choice

Myles Kenndy’s solo album “Year of the Tiger” is one of my favourite albums of recent years. I only discovered that he had a new album out “The Ides of March” a few days ago. Gave it a listen the other day and quite enjoyed it.

Tried a few Alter Bridge tracks but less my thing than his solo stuff.

If you can find me five musicians playing with such flair and ease at the same time, then you'll give me something I haven't found in over 50 years.

Nobody can play this like Blackmore, don't even try
Nobody can play like Paice, just listen to the style
Roger Glover, this is what you call being in the groove
Jon Lord, the intro might not be to everyone's taste, but the progression into what becomes the blues is so easy
Gillan singing is so powerful without the screeching / nails on glass vocals like Dickenson.

Everybody will have their own favorites, but unless you are up there with the best ever, you won't equal these musicians.

If you can, can I be your mate?
It can’t be beat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.