Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

aaron, lee

ac/dc

adams, bryan

adams, ryan

aerosmith

aldo nova

alice in chains

allman betts band, the

allman brothers

allman, greg

alpha centuri

ambrosia

america

anderson, ian

angel

animals, the

aphrodite's child

april wine

argent

artful dodger

asia

atlanta rhythm section

audioslave

autograph

aviary

axe

axis
You forgot Abba.

aaron, lee

ac/dc

adams, bryan

adams, ryan

aerosmith

aldo nova

alice in chains

allman betts band, the

allman brothers

allman, greg

alpha centuri

ambrosia

america

anderson, ian

angel

animals, the

aphrodite's child

april wine

argent

artful dodger

asia

atlanta rhythm section

audioslave

autograph

aviary

axe

axis
You see this is why I haven't posted in this thread before. I have no idea what constitutes "Classic Rock" anymore. This list I would put about 80% of it in other tags such as Hard Rock, Alt Rock or just plain old Rock. Bryan & Ryan Adams, really?

You see this is why I haven't posted in this thread before. I have no idea what constitutes "Classic Rock" anymore. This list I would put about 80% of it in other tags such as Hard Rock, Alt Rock or just plain old Rock. Bryan & Ryan Adams, really?

It's a broad church. Possibly should have deleted Ryan but Bryan definitely counts.

If you can find me five musicians playing with such flair and ease at the same time, then you'll give me something I haven't found in over 50 years.

Nobody can play this like Blackmore, don't even try
Nobody can play like Paice, just listen to the style
Roger Glover, this is what you call being in the groove
Jon Lord, the intro might not be to everyone's taste, but the progression into what becomes the blues is so easy
Gillan singing is so powerful without the screeching / nails on glass vocals like Dickenson.

Everybody will have their own favorites, but unless you are up there with the best ever, you won't equal these musicians.

If you can, can I be your mate?

That's roll rather than rock.

The collective musicianship of that band is wonderful. Made in Japan is possibly the best live album ever.

Blackmore is one of my two favourite guitarists (EVH is the other). I rate him higher than Page but Zep are a match overall as musicians and Plant is a better singer than Gillan. They are a different beast though to Purple and don't swing the way the Purps do.

My current listening top ten-ish...

Led Zeppelin - When The Levee breaks
Gary Clark Jr - Numb
Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
Stiltskin - Inside
Poco - Rose of Cimarron
Clawfinger - Nothing Going On
Joe Bonamassa - Self Inflicted Wounds
Faith No More - Ashes to Ashes
Rammstein - Deutschland
Blackfoot - Wishing Well
Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights

Probably a few bands that you wouldn't class as classic rock but hey...if people can chuck in the Adams twins, Ryan and Bryan, then I think i'm ok...

To be fair it's very rare that I listen to just one song by a band, usually stick an album on and relax.

I feel for you.
And no Abba.

That's roll rather than rock.

The collective musicianship of that band is wonderful. Made in Japan is possibly the best live album ever.

Blackmore is one of my two favourite guitarists (EVH is the other). I rate him higher than Page but Zep are a match overall as musicians and Plant is a better singer than Gillan. They are a different beast though to Purple and don't swing the way the Purps do.
I credit Made in Japan, as the album that started me on my rock journey,……mid seventies, about 13 or 14……..
Had to put down Abba Arrival and grow my hair.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.