Harry Kane

I'm not impatient but I'm so ready for this $hit to be over and honestly will deal with and be fine with whatever happens. My hope is that we've had someone else in mind on the back burner whom we'll move for - someone cheaper and younger so that way we get the last laugh, pocket the change and give Levy a thump shot to the plums at the same time.

The number of times a day I check this thread hoping for good news.....
dwts-judges_3201.jpg

I’ve been following this thread as much as most blues and I’ve been hopeful we sign Kane, but the longer it has gone on the more I’ve become disheartened. I was never fully sold on spending 100M+ on a 28yr old, now I am dead set against it. I hope we steer clear now. I hope we go with what we have, and I’ve now doubt with our squad, we’ll still be in the mix! I hope we give Delap minutes and I hope next year, we are in the conversation for Haaland or Mbappe.
Can I offer an alternative way of looking at this? For us, it's long drawn out, we want it done and the longer it goes on the more frustrated we are. From the outside looking in point of view it's like chatting to a girl on tinder for weeks, saying lets meet up then and she's always got an excuse to why she can't come to Spoons for a romantic burger n free pint. Eventually you get to the point where you say this 8/10 girl's not interested, she just wants the attention and you need to cut your losses and move on.

But this is not us courting some fit girl and she's saying maybe, maybe, then wastes your time. The relentless media and pretend twitter and forum ITK's make it feel like constant rejection with their fake promise of it's happening, today, tomorrow, next week, soon...any time now.

Behind the scenes in the real world of transfers. This isn't the case. They both have a round about price. They both know what it takes price wise. And one needs to save face for their fan base.

When it happens it will happen because it was already known what and when it needs too. And if it doesn't it's because that final agreement wasn't reached.

But all this stuff before is definitely not reason to say I've had enough of this now fuck it off.

I think we desperately need a striker. Chelsea are looking formidable and they may even further strengthen. I wouldn’t be paying anywhere near the figures reported for Kane though. I’d be just about content at £80m. Anything above that would represent poor value as far as I’m concerned.

I’m not even convinced that he would do as well for us as many believe. His age is the main thing going against him. It doesn’t seem sensible to risk such an enormous fee on someone that may rapidly decline in a couple of years.

If we can’t bring in someone that can play at a high level with high energy output for the next 6-7 years then I’d rather bring in a stopgap for this season and reassess the market next summer. We could even close the holes at left-back and/or CDM with any remaining funds.

I think we desperately need a striker. Chelsea are looking formidable and they may even further strengthen. I wouldn’t be paying anywhere near the figures reported for Kane though. I’d be just about content at £80m. Anything above that would represent poor value as far as I’m concerned.

I’m not even convinced that he would do as well for us as many believe. His age is the main thing going against him. It doesn’t seem sensible to risk such an enormous fee on someone that may rapidly decline in a couple of years.

If we can’t bring in someone that can play at a high level with high energy output for the next 6-7 years then I’d rather bring in a stopgap for this season and reassess the market next summer. We could even close the holes at left-back and/or CDM with any remaining funds.
Does the fee matter to us though? What does paying this much mean? Does it mean we pay more next season or a few seasons later? Maybe. But then does that mean that price is the same price other teams have to pay? Meaning in paying this we've priced other teams out of future transfers? We can afford it more than them.

If you want to get drunk and the shop selling your vodka has priced it a few quid more than it's worth do you go home sober or do you pay the extra and have a fucking party!

We'll that's a disappointment, just woke up from shagging Cat Deely with Rita Chakraborty involved also (can't pick & choose in a dream), but we were disturbed before I'd finished so, to calm myself thought I'll pop in here to see what the press broke late evening and like my dream....fuck all result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.