It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this relationship of Txiki, Pep and others at club with Mendes isn't the death of us, because we absolutely cannot be Ronaldo's get out card from Juve, we are not a charity. It would be an embarrassing transfer at the risk of uprooting our wage structure, getting an old player in as a stop-gap, showing desperation. The only benefit is some piss boiling when the rag cnuts are fuming, but at what cost?
Do you not see his guaranteed goals and all round contribution - not to mention his absolute insane winning mentality - would be benefits, too?

I hope this relationship of Txiki, Pep and others at club with Mendes isn't the death of us, because we absolutely cannot be Ronaldo's get out card from Juve, we are not a charity. It would be an embarrassing transfer at the risk of uprooting our wage structure, getting an old player in as a stop-gap, showing desperation. The only benefit is some piss boiling when the rag cnuts are fuming, but at what cost?
I mean he is a good footballer above all that as well. I only don't want him because of his Rag links (but he did celebrate that goal for Madrid against them, which is a lovely memory). Not going to question him or Messi's skills even at 34 and 36. I think both of them have atleast 3 years in them and both will outscore anyone in their 20s during this period. Ronaldo at 36 is a better footballer than Kane at 28. I would have preferred Messi over all this though.

Do you not see his guaranteed goals and all round contribution - not to mention his absolute insane winning mentality - would be benefits, too?
Are we CR7s retirement home? Winning mentality? How's that lacking in this squad? He is 36, what's the point? Have we struggled getting goals across last 2 seasons where Aguero has barely featured? Always made it work in terms of attack. Where we have failed and will continue to fail is our defensive weakness in left back and over-reliance on a 36 year old defensive midfielder in Fernandinho. 2 spots NOT addressed by club for over 2 seasons.

Are we CR7s retirement home? Winning mentality? How's that lacking in this squad? He is 36, what's the point? Have we struggled getting goals across last 2 seasons where Aguero has barely featured? Always made it work in terms of attack. Where we have failed and will continue to fail is our defensive weakness in left back and over-reliance on a 36 year old defensive midfielder in Fernandinho. 2 spots NOT addressed by club for over 2 seasons.
He's won the things we haven't - multiple times.

What's the point? Goals. More of them.

The only negatives i've read where Ronaldo is concerned is his past link to united. Put him in this team and i'd say we win the CL this year. He would get 30 in all comps this season.

I mean he is a good footballer above all that as well. I only don't want him because of his Rag links (but he did celebrate that goal for Madrid against them, which is a lovely memory). Not going to question him or Messi's skills even at 34 and 36. I think both of them have atleast 3 years in them and both will outscore anyone in their 20s during this period. Ronaldo at 36 is a better footballer than Kane at 28. I would have preferred Messi over all this though.
Fair but in terms of a proper striker, that's Kane, the best in Prem. Obviously his price tag continues to be a pain in the arse. Just don't think we're the type of club to think short term. Even with Kane it's at least a 5 year plan before he can fuck off elsewhere.

Are we CR7s retirement home? Winning mentality? How's that lacking in this squad?
I understand the points you are making but to win the UCL, it makes a world of difference to have someone who’s won it before and is a winner like no other. History proves it makes a difference.

I think his ego is too big and him and Pep wouldn’t get on. It’s all about me with Ronaldo. Can’t knock his scoring stats though.

He's won the things we haven't - multiple times.

What's the point? Goals. More of them.

The only negatives i've read where Ronaldo is concerned is his past link to united. Put him in this team and i'd say we win the CL this year. He would get 30 in all comps this season.
Are you telling me CR7 will inspire us to our first ever CL? Is he the missing piece to the puzzle? We have goals all over our squad, that's sort of the beauty in not relying on a sole outlet.

In just footballing terms it is utter desperation and allowing him a way out of Juve so he can use us as his retirement home. That's before any of his past affiliations or his off field controversies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.