It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the most likely scenario.

I think the club needs to take a long hard look at its transfer strategy and people involved.

We have the best manager in the world but we don't have the best transfer team.

We really shouldn't be panic buying with a few days left.
I’m not understanding the point about not having the best transfer team? Who has better?

PSG didn't win the 5th best European League, or get to the CL Final.

Strangely our TEAM of non Megastar players did. We rely on having very high level players who buy into a team ethic in every position. This is not compatible with the Megastar model. If we had a team of water carriers and 'domestiques' who are just there to get the ball to the Megastar and everyone accepts their lot then fair enough, but we would have just wasted 10 years of careful and and expensive recruitment.

Megastars are bigger than the team, and even the club, for example Messi had a say on Barca transfers. That worked out well for them didn't it!

Pep has always been about the collective, and the team being more than the sum of the parts. I would have loved to see Ronaldo banging in the goals for us at the reported £350K per week, but I believe we would have lost a lot than we gained if we were paying Ronaldo what the rags have reportedly agreed to.

Can you see players (like KDB, Sterling etc) being happy going from from top earners to being on half what Ronaldo is on? And then doing his running, or letting him take every free kick and go for glory no matter what?

Even if they stayed, can you see the collective effort and team spirit surviving that
Agree totally

We were trying to replace Aguero, statistically the best overseas player the PL has had. We've had at least one year, probably two, to know he needed replacing. You can't do that in the last four days of a transfer window, those deals will take months to resolve. So we either buy a Danny Ings type to be the long-term backup and probably best choice this season, or we go into the season with only one player anyone would call a striker, and even he wants to play in another position. Worse, we blow the Kane money on some striker who's first name will be FFS by Xmas.

Yet again we win the league, look at a glaring issue with the squad and decide to chance it. Whilst we won it last season, the others have strengthened and a better points total is going to be required. And that's ignoring the issues at left back even before this week's, er, news.

Yes we tried for Kane, but that should have been a pretty simple deal - ring Levy, ask him how much and then you either pay it or you don't. There's no negotiation, he doesn't do it, the best you might manage is some of it on tick. Doesn't make him some master negotiator, as it's not a negotiation, it's a fixed price. Why we therefore spent months staring at the fax machine trying to decide what offer to make rather than laughing at the quoted price and moving on is beyond me.

He's already said we're looking at alternatives and not to give up.
We don't need to give up. City keep giving up for us.

PSG didn't win the 5th best European League, or get to the CL Final.

Strangely our TEAM of non Megastar players did. We rely on having very high level players who buy into a team ethic in every position. This is not compatible with the Megastar model. If we had a team of water carriers and 'domestiques' who are just there to get the ball to the Megastar and everyone accepts their lot then fair enough, but we would have just wasted 10 years of careful and and expensive recruitment.

Megastars are bigger than the team, and even the club, for example Messi had a say on Barca transfers. That worked out well for them didn't it!

Pep has always been about the collective, and the team being more than the sum of the parts. I would have loved to see Ronaldo banging in the goals for us at the reported £350K per week, but I believe we would have lost a lot than we gained if we were paying Ronaldo what the rags have reportedly agreed to.

Can you see players (like KDB, Sterling etc) being happy going from from top earners to being on half what Ronaldo is on? And then doing his running, or letting him take every free kick and go for glory no matter what?

Even if they stayed, can you see the collective effort and team spirit surviving that
That sir is eloquently put.
We have a wonderful team that 99% of clubs in Europe look at enviously.
PSG have a bunch of whinging divers who'd have to look up team in the dictionary
Barcelona/Madrid are near to bankruptcy
Stretford is the new retirement home for players past their prime
Look at the positives lads

1973 i started going, 2012 to win the league, thats 39 years, with one League Cup win to keep us going. It doesnt matter. We support City. I saw us lose to Wolves in 74, yids in 81, rent boys in 86, but was there to see Dennis's overhead, the King, the 5-1, Charlton, Stoke boxing day, Oldham away, Kinky, Rat boy, Hamburg at home, recent Wembley wins,( and Wigan ) Real Madrid away. It only matters that we are Blues, through everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.