Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was, but we were also given huge amounts of stick from the English press for bringing in Yaya Toure and David Silva instead of players like Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard. Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah were written off as Chelsea flops. And so on. The English press and English fans in general aren't exactly well known for their knowledge of European football.

Spot on. We don’t however buy from the top table from overseas either. Our profile is the Sane’s and Negredo’s.

Yaya, David and Kun were massive stars in Spain when we took them.

ive said the same thing.....I applaud PSG for doing what they have done...and chelski to an extent as well....they have both in the past few seasons spent big and completed huge signings...PSG have had a rtansfer window to remember with the signings they have made especially with limited initial outlay (not taking into account wages).

I do think we occasionally need to say fuck it and go for it to an extent ...even with the Grealish money as Pep said we earnt 60% of that from sales so we have only (!) spent 40m this transfer window which is tiny compared to some of the others.....yet we are financially very powerful and we are told that the club is ran financially extremely well (and I dont doubt that for a second)..but surely with our increased revenues we could afford to go big....?

It looked like Kane was the one to do that on BUT if we were going to splash £135m (roughy) on kane then at present coversation rates the 150m Euros qouted for Haaland is about £128m....now I know there are agent fees (40m euros ive seen qouted - which is roughly £35m) in the grand scheme of things and considering what you are getting is a much younger player with a less troublesome injury record you would think the extra outlay was worth it. And I havent even taken into account agent fees for Kane which was another £5m.

140m for Kane
Roughly 165m for Haaland....but he has an upaward trajectory and off the pitch is much much more marketable as well

Of course Kane would cost less in wages (roughly half at a guess)

The only bit I dont quite understand is the bit about why we would be so against the release clause being put in..why not put one in? ....£200m - 300m as in a few years he could be worth that.....but it only starts after the 3rd or 4th year of his contract. Surely we are therefore protecting our investment?
Why did we bid for Kane if Haaland is an option? Kane would have been with us for 5 years.

Haaland is going elsewhere.

Why did we bid for Kane if Haaland is an option? Kane would have been with us for 5 years.

we were told that the reason we didnt bid was becuase of the money...

Ronaldo could have been coming here but the rags put a better offer in....

If we want most top draw players we are going to have to bid against others....esp when we know the lad is open to coming here (which we konw he is) - of course he is going to consider other offers...we just have to make ours better.

What is the point of financial power if we dont use it?

that’s far too reductive. We went for Kane because we thought it could be done in this window.

that’s why.

dortmund have made their intentions on Haaland very, very clear.

I don’t think we go back in for Kane. Age is now against him next year and we won’t want to talk with Charlie Kane again. I just can’t see it.

150 mil for Kane next year is still 150 mil if his form is ok.

haaland becomes half of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.