Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The circus has begun. I thought it might be different but it doesn’t look like it. I just can’t see us getting involved with this at all.
The circus is almost exclusively from the Spanish media as I addressed on my post. They do it for a living. It doesn’t affect our business at all

The circus is almost exclusively from the Spanish media as I addressed on my post. They do it for a living. It doesn’t affect our business at all

When was the last time we got involved in a circus/public bidding war?
Haalands dad and agent are actively involved in this "circus" I wouldn't be surprised if we've walked away already.

When was the last time we got involved in a circus/public bidding war?

I don’t know how many times I have already talked about this. This is deal is unlike any other we have been involved in OR COULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN. Tell me a similar one. And even if it turns into a “bidding war” (it hasn’t and I’m not convinced it will), why do people think we’re so above it? My PSG point stands again

They are flying around Europe publicly showing their feathers to anyone who’s interested to create a market for when the time comes to discussing wages, fees etc. We have no history of getting involved in bidding war in the txiki, soriano era, and have walked away from many a deal and we have a well structured wage bill that rewards the top senior players and has created harmony within the club and i can’t see that changing now unless the club have decided Haaland is worth blowing all that out of the water.

I don’t know how many times I have already talked about this. This is deal is unlike any other we have been involved in OR COULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN. Tell me a similar one. And even if it turns into a “bidding war” (it hasn’t and I’m not convinced it will), why do people think we’re so above it? My PSG point stands again

Tell me why we'd get involved? Tell me why we want to deal with a player who whores himself about IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON.
Aguero talked to absolutely nobody despite the fact his contract is up in the summer, until it was set in stone that the contract wouldn't be extended. That's the type of characters and teams surrounding them we deal with.

We are not above it, I imagine the reason many are mentioning it is due to the fact we haven't got history for paying the very top dollar or outbidding rivals.
It doesn't mean that we won't in this case of course, but you need to chill out in your responses to posters who have valid concerns that it may be the case.
I've no doubts if the deal is there to be made we will pay the premium required, but it'll be against our normal MO so I understand the doubts.

Why are so many of the media bullshitters pushing the story that Chelsea are his most likely destination in England? It’s all bollocks and speculation so why not make it up about City instead? Surely we’re a bigger draw and click bait and headline than those cockney twats.

Plus in reality we’re actually the most likely destination so their stories would be more likely true and believable.

Tell me why we'd get involved? Tell me why we want to deal with a player who whores himself about IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON.
Aguero talked to absolutely nobody despite the fact his contract is up in the summer, until it was set in stone that the contract wouldn't be extended. That's the type of characters and teams surrounding them we deal with.
Let me tell a little secret: nearly every deal that will get done in the summer all around Europe is already being worked out now. No player or club “waits”. Many already started even before the January window

We are not above it, I imagine the reason many are mentioning it is due to the fact we haven't got history for paying the very top dollar or outbidding rivals.
It doesn't mean that we won't in this case of course, but you need to chill out in your responses to posters who have valid concerns that it may be the case.
I've no doubts if the deal is there to be made we will pay the premium required, but it'll be against our normal MO so I understand the doubts.

I’m going to use the PSG example for the third time. They were a club that did things exactly the same way as people here are claiming are the reason why this deal is unlikely to happen... until Mbappe and Neymar. Their biggest tranfer besides those two cost the same as ours. But they had the opportunity to close those two and did. We wanted Mbappe that year and would’ve paid the same amount and fee as PSG did, but he wanted to stay in France, so it didn’t happen. It’s always just a matter of opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.