Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its to do with my career, what i want to do, dont want to put personal stuff on here but im studying sports journalism MA, mostly in football i want to write for CIty. so iv got a lttle contacts not alot. thats it i said friends so that i dont have to say journalist didnt want to be ill recieved. iv had to write reports on boring things and exciting things with football for assignments. such as right now im writing about Spanish Football politics and corruption. also writing for fun a report on how the centurions and this Man city team compare which i was hopping i could post here at the end of the season to see if theres any advice / feedback. :)
You'll go far in sports journalism mate.

I’m going to use the PSG example for the third time. They were a club that did things exactly the same way as people here are claiming are the reason why this deal is unlikely to happen... until Mbappe and Neymar. Their biggest tranfer besides those two cost the same as ours. But they had the opportunity to close those two and did. We wanted Mbappe that year and would’ve paid the same amount and fee as PSG did, but he wanted to stay in France, so it didn’t happen. It’s always just a matter of opportunity
You can use the PSG example until the cows come home and it'll still mean fuck all in regards to ourselves.
When he's pictured holding up a City shirt then you can rightly point out that you called it all along. Until then, your opinion of how things will go down is just that, an opinion.

I don’t know how many times I have already talked about this. This is deal is unlike any other we have been involved in OR COULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN. Tell me a similar one. And even if it turns into a “bidding war” (it hasn’t and I’m not convinced it will), why do people think we’re so above it? My PSG point stands again

People aren't ready to believe it or don't have the stomach for it.

It's good thing we don't often get involved in transfer 'sagas' because a few on here seem utterly incapable of relaxing and enjoying the ride and are trotting out some absolutely insecure bollocks.

Par the course.

Let me tell a little secret: nearly every deal that will get done in the summer all around Europe is already being worked out now. No player or club “waits”. Many already started even before the January window

There's talk with player reps and players clubs sure....behind closed doors.. Not in public, certainly not in public in the middle of the season when a player is still has a long contract with their club.
Why you think we'll take part in this when we care massively about our image ect is bewildering.
Haaland isn't coming here.

You can use the PSG example until the cows come home and it'll still mean fuck all in regards to ourselves.
When he's pictured holding up a City shirt then you can rightly point out that you called it all along. Until then, your opinion of how things will go down is just that, an opinion.

Don’t worry, I’m not one to gloat

People aren't ready to believe it or don't have the stomach for it.

It's good thing we don't often get involved in transfer 'sagas' because a few on here seem utterly incapable of relaxing and enjoying the ride and are trotting out some absolutely insecure bollocks.

Par the course.
Some go over the top with the bedwetting for sure.
For others there's just a bit of caution about getting too over confident due to a couple of past transfers where we believed we were in the driving seat only to miss out.

Some go over the top with the bedwetting for sure.
For others there's just a bit of caution about getting too over confident due to a couple of past transfers where we believed we were in the driving seat only to miss out.

I think there's a big difference between being cautious about a deal (any deal for that matter) and what I've ready across the two threads this morning. It's almost as if people have zero faith in the people who run the club OR they have a skewed idea of what our 'morality' is.

We pay TOP dollar for players in wages and fees. The fact we didn't buy certain players doesn't change that. Rodri was a relatively unheard of number 6 who had done 1 season at Madrid and we paid his buyout. That's ENORMOUS. Almost no clubs in Europe have that sort of liquidity and we do it regularly.

In terms of Haaland, it will remain the same as it was last week. HE will decide where he plays next and that club will negotiate with Dortmund. It's clear what happened yesterday and why IMO, it's just pointless saying it out loud because a lot of people won't believe it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.