It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks very unlikely we will get anyone in now....the only movement might be EDS players ins and outs on loans etc.

The transfer windown has been imho a poor one imho.

As good as Grealsih may turn out to be, he is a player we didnt really need. We did need a striker and continue to need a left back (the situation with Mendy was an unforeseen one BUT the reality is that on the pitch he has NEVER been good enough and is a liability. Zinch has deputised extremely well but we should be at least looking at a young understudy for that position).

I never thought we would look at a DM as soon as Ferna signed his contract extension but the search needs to start now.

Can we get a striker in January? I doubt it. Even if 93:20 is correct, why would Dortmund sell in the middle of a season...esp if they are in the CL and doing well in the league....I dont think it would happen even if we put the money down they want....not at that time in the season. We will have to compete with other clbs next summer for him and when that is the case we often back out. Hopefully we have a new list of forwards we can have as a plan b c etc....and hopefully we DONT go back for Kane - that would be a huge mistake

I'm also not convinced that we can have negotiated this deal for Haaland in the, what ... 1 week(?) since we gave up on Kane.

it looks very unlikely we will get anyone in now....the only movement might be EDS players ins and outs on loans etc.

The transfer windown has been imho a poor one imho.

As good as Grealsih may turn out to be, he is a player we didnt really need. We did need a striker and continue to need a left back (the situation with Mendy was an unforeseen one BUT the reality is that on the pitch he has NEVER been good enough and is a liability. Zinch has deputised extremely well but we should be at least looking at a young understudy for that position).

I never thought we would look at a DM as soon as Ferna signed his contract extension but the search needs to start now.

Can we get a striker in January? I doubt it. Even if 93:20 is correct, why would Dortmund sell in the middle of a season...esp if they are in the CL and doing well in the league....I dont think it would happen even if we put the money down they want....not at that time in the season. We will have to compete with other clbs next summer for him and when that is the case we often back out. Hopefully we have a new list of forwards we can have as a plan b c etc....and hopefully we DONT go back for Kane - that would be a huge mistake
I think Grealish was a good signing as it gives us another player who regularly delivers assists which hopefully means that we do not need to depend so heavily on KDB and he will be given rest and time to recover from injuries which he has not always had in the past (I know we did ok last season when he was out for spells). Having a fully fit KdB at the end of the season could make a big difference from last year where we did struggle a little in the last month.

I cannot see Dortmund failing to qualify from their Champions League group (Ajax, Besiktas and Sporting) which is probably the easiest of the lot so Haaland is unlikely to move in January.

I'm also not convinced that we can have negotiated this deal for Haaland in the, what ... 1 week(?) since we gave up on Kane.
My thoughts exactly. The Kane and Ronaldo debacles have taken it out of me - I'm not holding on to any hope that we've somehow managed to box everything off with Raiola/Alfie/Erling in such a short space of time. At all.

Grealish Foden Rodri and Silva as a future basis for our MF positions once Dihno, Kev and Mr Whippy move on looks very light to me, especially if Bernardo leaves as well.
Add a striker and LB to that list and we will need to turn over a lot of positions soon. Not a good window.

Indeed and as I clearly pointed out in my post the club has been very successful so shouldn’t need to feel they have to justify or make excuses to us fans.

Grealish Foden Rodri and Silva as a future basis for our MF positions once Dihno, Kev and Mr Whippy move on looks very light to me, especially if Bernardo leaves as well.
Add a striker and LB to that list and we will need to turn over a lot of positions soon. Not a good window.
Poor window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.