It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, thats fake bs, real could offer 400€ and psg would still refuse, first because they dont need money, second because they dont have time to find a replacement. Accepting that offer equals forfeiting the season, which they cant do after bringing a lot of good and high paid players this summer

so, real knew psg would refuse, its all posturing. If real really wanted him they would've made an offer a month ago
To be fair €400 would only just cover the flight...

I think you're being too literal, but perhaps this list might be a clue as to who would be much cheaper in January with only 6 months left

I can see us do a deal for Zakaria as Fern replacement either in january or for the summer depending if he keeps his fitness up amd whether we need cover in january already. Typical City signing since we have monitored him for a couple of seasons already

We need to stop accusing fans of being ‘spoilt’ etc. We’re not shit anymore, need to stop living in the past we’re an elite level club and we need to start acting like one. Gotta be ruthless in the transfer market and stop pissing around. That work needs to start in January; identify our main targets and have deals ready to wrap up
Easier said than done mate. We don't break our wage structure for nobody including Messi, which personally i think is the right way to do things. If you mean ruthless in the sense of upsetting the rest of squad and players ill pass. The Rags do all that pay silly money and wages. I admire the way on the final day in recent years we don't do business and panic.

I had a conversation with a tree for about half an hour once in the early days of raving, how I look back and laugh at myself now, it was an Ent not a tree
Remember having a conversation with a load of students stoned out of my head upstairs on a bus coming back from a match. Looked up and everyone had vanished. The bus had crashed and I didn't even clock the police getting everyone off the bus. Copper comes back up "Right you, get the fuck off". Went downstairs and the front of the bus was missing.

To make matters worse, I crossed the road to get another bus and ended up back in town.

I can see us do a deal for Zakaria as Fern replacement either in january or for the summer depending if he keeps his fitness up amd whether we need cover in january already. Typical City signing since we have monitored him for a couple of seasons already
That boat has sailed

Torres, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, foden, Sterling, Mahrez.

Even without a classical striker that’s some options up top and will swarm all over most defences. If Torres improves as much as I think he will this season then we might just be forgetting this gap in the armoury.

If something happens in January then great, if not so what.

All that without even considering Delap or Edozie amongst others.

It’s not all that bad.

Major leap of faith - we paid out £100 million on Grealish to obtain the new England poster boy and to pair him with Foden for club and country. Knowing we have a deal sewn up for Haaland in January or next summer.

Probable reality - we missed out on turning Kane without paying through the nose and are fairly happy with the front line being selected from the guys above, outside chance of Haaland next year or delap surprising us all and saving us £150 million.

Who cares - it’s better place now than 10 years ago.
Agree with most of that, but ten years ago?? we had Sergio,Tevez,Dzeko,Yaya,Silva etc and it was arguably our most entertaining and defining season, Maybe change it to 12 or summat.....time flies when your having fun :)

Remember having a conversation with a load of students stoned out of my head upstairs on a bus coming back from a match. Looked up and everyone had vanished. The bus had crashed and I didn't even clock the police getting everyone off the bus. Copper comes back up "Right you, get the fuck off". Went downstairs and the front of the bus was missing.

To make matters worse, I crossed the road to get another bus and ended up back in town.
No phones no deadlines never mind fretting over transfer deadlines

Easier said than done mate. We don't break our wage structure for nobody including Messi, which personally i think is the right way to do things. If you mean ruthless in the sense of upsetting the rest of squad and players ill pass. The Rags do all that pay silly money and wages. I admire the way on the final day in recent years we don't do business and panic.
I mean in terms of having deals done behind the scenes and other options ready. We openly chased Kane for over a month and got no where with it. I agree about breaking the wage structure but sometimes a gem comes along (Haaland) and the club have to look at the bigger picture and get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.