It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, if Ings can stay injury free for coming season, how many goals would he get in this City side? We know he's a quality finisher, although not quite as complete as Kane obviously. Would it be terrible business if we got him for cheap this year, went for Haaland next year? Could allow us to also keep Jesus for one more year for depth and then sell him next summer

Let's be honest, if Ings can stay injury free for coming season, how many goals would he get in this City side? We know he's a quality finisher, although not quite as complete as Kane obviously. Would it be terrible business if we got him for cheap this year, went for Haaland next year? Could allow us to also keep Jesus for one more year for depth and then sell him next summer

We won’t get Haaland as we won’t pay big enough wages?

We won’t get Haaland as we won’t pay big enough wages?
Wages are a negotiable bit especially if he has another crazy season at Dortmund. I understand the trouble he would bring considering his contract details and dealing with Raiola (probably wanting to insert another exit clause). Maybe worth the trouble? Strikers like him or Mbappé don't really become available on the market often and we're in need of one.

I am still hoping Kane is our guy though.

The problem is we compare them all with one of the finest players in his position in Fernandinhio, a magnificent player.

Rodri is a class player, but looks ordinary in comparison, and Rodri is a better player that Rice and Phillips combined.
Couldn’t have Said it better.

and we won't get Ings on a 12 month deal, so we'd be stuck with him if we did get Haaland
Ings on a 3-4 year deal and as a squad/backup is not a bad option at all. Maybe suited for other clubs though, I can see him moving to Spurs or Chelsea

Their games are different,Lavia is more box to box,he gets around the pitch better with his superior agility/mobility and a better engine.He is obviously less effective in the air and his passing range is more limited,but he is still learning and there is much more to come.A long way to go to reach Rodri standard though,and while i appreciate his ability....i think we need better.

Agree with all of that. He’s only 17 you know ;) He’ll only get better with time. Still has a lot of developing to do. Just thought I’d state some of what he’s good at currently. Long way to go for him.

Claudio Gomes came as a midfielder but played mainly in the full back positions last year. I was really impressed when I saw him and maybe he'll get a chance next year. Will be 21 this month.
I recall him being a bit like Kante in the holding midfield
Quite small and quite quick
Looked good in some pre season games but then disappeared

Claudio Gomes came as a midfielder but played mainly in the full back positions last year. I was really impressed when I saw him and maybe he'll get a chance next year. Will be 21 this month.
Personally don’t think he will. Saw flashes of brilliance occasionally but i don’t think it’ll be enough for him to make it here. I may be wrong but hope he gets better. All these lads deserve to have good careers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.